Nicholas Scrolls Forum

Welcome to the Nicholas Scrolls Forum. We hope this forum to become a lively Gospel Believer's forum where you can discuss Biblical issues. Please keep the standard in which Jesus could participate.

Nicholas Scrolls Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Some practical advice for you...Pt I

March 18, 2006

Dear Berris,

Yes, I am saying that God can heal you and also deliver you from what doctors term as psychotic delusions and your apparant depressive state of mind. You are for whatever reason under attack but I don't believe you are lost or forsaken by God. Neither do I believe that you are past that point of no return that some enter into. The very fact that you are aware of the struggle you are experiencing is a positive sign that you are not a "nut case." A real "nut case" is most often a person who is not aware of their struggle and believes that they are normal but everyone else is quite possibly "crazy." You are most certainly aware that there is a problem and you are attempting to find resolve and the strength to overcome it.

This will take a great deal of concerted effort on your part dear, starting with some healthy prayer and fasting but also reading scriptures like you have never read them before. Perhaps reading them aloud and praying aloud in the privacy of your own abode will help you to realize God's presence and the power made available to you to overcome. I am reminded of a particularly difficult demonic posession that Jesus' disciples had encountered where it took our Lord to show and speak something significant that perhaps relates to your personal situation.

Matthew 17:15-21 "Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."

Please keep in mind that I do not view your current situation to be a medical condition but see it as a very spiritual reality. You are going to need some help with this and also some intercessory prayer by others who are aware of your situation and can pray directly to God for these fallen entities to depart from you. You will also need to remain clear minded and sober and be willing to pray without ceasing for an effective deliverance and over an "undetermined" amount of time. Whenever you feel dark thoughts and urges arise to cut yourself or take drugs or alchohol, this would be a good time to stop whatever you are doing at that moment and immediately go into intercessory prayer beseeching our Lord for His help asking Him to cast away these demons and not regain access to your being. Remember that you must beseech (ask) God to do this for you because you nor I have any power apart from God to accomplish anything. Anything accomplished is done so by God's powerful Holy Spirit working in us and through us and it starts by our asking in the name of God's Son, Jesus the Christ. This will require discipline and committment on your part and a sincere desire to be delivered as well as a profound belief and understanding that God will faithfully attend to your need directly. Your level of faith is paramount here and so is the degree of faith of all who are praying on your behalf.

Where ever possible, avoid all supposed tongues that you cannot discern or understand. There are many "so-called" tongues out there that are angelic but in the demonic sense. Most tongues you have probably heard in your religious experience were either demonic in nature or just plain stupid babble. Don't take the risk if you cannot understand what is being uttered. Our God is not a God of confusion and He won't lead you into delusion as long as you are truly "accepting the love of His truth" and "Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior." There have been times in the past when under attack, I only had enough strength to utter these words aloud over and over until I felt the enmity depart from me; "I will call upon no other Name but the Name of Jesus, my only Lord and Savour." [Repeat] as often as needed until you feel the presence of "peace" surround you and then go into intercessory prayer again.

Con't Pt II

Practical Advice for you Pt II

While in prayer, it also helps to offer up prayer for others who come to mind as God may be giving you rememberance of the ones who are also in need of prayer and supplication. God may also give you rememberance of past things which you have said or done that still require your repentance. Once repented of, you should no longer need to repent again unless you have "re-comitted" the sin for which you last repented of. Once your repentance is sincere and genuine, God no longer remembers the offense so there is no point in re-living it again in your thoughts or your prayers. Remember also that you should confess your forgiveness of others (there are many) who have brought you harm and have violated you. If they are guilty and condemned in God's eyes, He will deal with them appropriately for "vengence is mine!" If anything else comes to mind for/or on behalf of others, pray it and always, always, always qualify your prayer and supplication with, "not my will Lord but yours." It should always be God's will that you should be seeking when praying for others and self. That takes courage and faith to trust that God knows what is best for you and others.

Faith (Trust) and fasting will be the only other mindset and discipline you need to be an overcomer. Remember that it will take discipline on your part to fast but do not get carried away with your fasting. Fasting is literally laying aside anything that you might wish to do, eat or drink for the purposes of effective prayer. Give all your attention to God in your prayer and supplication and do not allow for distractions like phones, pagers, visitors etc. This is what is also termed in some circles as a "devotional;" a time set aside only for the purpose of deep prayer, thanksgiving and supplication unto God. Always remember to be thankful in your heart and your utterance to God for all that He has done and supplied you with, even the adversity that many of us must undergo to become stronger. It helps to remember that it is in our weaknesses when we are made stronger in our faith towards Christ. Remember that His suffering was greater than anything anyone of us undergo today. But Jesus was the perfect example for us to see what it looks like to be fully surrendered unto the Father's will. That is what you must be... fully surrendered and willing to go with and where God wants to take you. Right now, you are walking through the valley of shadow and death so remember that there is nowhere that God cannot hear your cries and pleas for help for He promises to the faithful, "I am always with you."

Please agree with me in prayer...

All who pray in agreement - say AMEN

Dear Berris,

Be faithful in these things I have prescribed to you for they will have a more positive effect in your life than any drugs or treatments the medical establishment would prescribe. Read the NT Scriptures diligently and continue to pray to God daily for understanding, discernment, increased faith and wisdom. Take courage dear one for you are not alone and we are with you in Spirit and Prayer...

Heavenly Father, we pray on behalf of Berris Finch who has reached out seeking Your guidance and direction, strength and courage, grace and mercy. We beseech thee oh Lord in the name of Your Son Jesus to grant her strength and empower her with Your grace to overcome that which seeks to make her useless. She has undergone horrible attrocities Lord and we ask that You rebuke the enmities which surround her and afflict her thoughts and weaken her faith. We ask on her behalf Lord that she be forgiven of her past transgressions Lord as we also seek forgiveness of our past transgressions. We ask Lord according to Your will that Berris be given the courage, strength and grace to forgive many who have violated her and used her against her will which has caused a feeling of being "forsaken" and "unforgiven" thereby fertilizing seeds of doubt. We beg You Lord to wash away all the doubt and crush the seeds of contempt that are attempting to take root in her destroying her faith. Let only the seeds of faith and righteousness take hold and overcome the weeds that are choking out the faith she once had. Master, we also pray with thankful hearts and acknowledge that You know what is best for us and we are hopeful that this season of adversity will soon pass for Berris allowing the dark clouds to abade letting the warmth of Your Son shine forth and embrace her fully that she may regain the necessary confidence that she is still loved and truly forgiven as she also forgives others who have done so much damage. Glorify Yourself in this dear child oh Lord and let it be a powerful witness and testimony to others that You live and Your Word is alive in the hearts and minds of Your children who are struggling to overcome all that is opposed to Your kingdom and righteousness. This we do pray according to Your will Lord and not our own that Your faithful promises help to see a full recovery and deliverance for Berris Finch that she may live out the rest of her days giving You praise and glory and serving Your will till that day when we shall be called up to meet You in the air. May all the glory, honor and dominion be Yours Lord in the name of Jesus the Christ, He who was and is and shall always be the only Savour of humanity. AMEN

With all sincerity and love for the truth and our scattered brethren abroad,

Nicholas A. Stivers, a humbled God fearing man, scribe and messenger.