Nicholas Scrolls Forum

Welcome to the Nicholas Scrolls Forum. We hope this forum to become a lively Gospel Believer's forum where you can discuss Biblical issues. Please keep the standard in which Jesus could participate.

Nicholas Scrolls Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Are you convicted or feeling condemned?

February 9, 2006

Dear Thomas,

What is so bothersome to you about applying the judgments of God to one's own life?
Is that not first what must happen in order to become a better witness to the liberating
truth that sets one free? I condemn no one but he who is condemned is one who refuses
to accept the judgments God has laid out on us. Perhaps you are confusing the convicting
nature of God's Word with the condemnation some feel for not being able to apply
themself?

There also is a difference between judging unrighteously (unable to bear and show
witness) and judging with a righteous judgment (able to prove Christ's witness &
pattern). It is not I that judges a matter but it is the Word of God that first
judges me. When a man is able to accept these judgments upon his life he is then
able to begin in a process of renewing the mind, conforming behavior and learns
to accept the direction and dictates of God's Word and Holy Spirit. Remember that
no one judges righteously unless God empowers him to do so first... beginning with
his own life first so that he may be an example to others thereby becoming a better
witness. To merely avoid participation in such exhibits degrees of unbelief. Your
statement was made out of context for the Word commands of us to bear witness to
the world that Christ came in the flesh showing all man how one is able to walk
in uprightness before all men and God. That's the point my friend. Doing nothing
and accepting all things as they are in a corrupt and wicked world is a waste of
grace and an insult to Christ!

When you understand that grace empowers... the Word and Spirit convicts but the
devil condemns then perhaps you will see things a little differently. This world
needs the true example of Christ-likeness now more than ever before. Fence sitters
don't accomplish anything but they do tend to get in the way. Choose to be a part
of the solution and recognize that as Christ brought sin into the light to be recognized,
so too are His disciples called to do the same and then offer remedy to continue
helping deliver some from the delusional spell that the world is under -or- Choose
to do nothing and perish in your unbelief and lack of faith (unwavering trust).

The Word says it best and it is from this which I make my arguments known... 2 Timothy
3:16-17 "Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for
reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness. That the man
of God may be complete, furnished completely unto every good work."

2 Timothy 4:2-4 "preach the word; be urgent in season, out of season; reprove,
rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when
they will not endure the sound doctrine; but, having itching ears, will heap to
themselves teachers after their own lusts; and will turn away their ears from the
truth, and turn aside unto fables."

It has been my experience Thomas that one must walk through fire before he is qualified
to minister the way I do to others. Your view is rapidly becoming a minority view
as more and more believers are waking up to the apostasy that is rampant in American
Christianity. My advice to you is avoid the broad highway to hell (divisive religion)
and choose to become part of the solution rather than a problem. Indifference is
a big problem. The time is now and we are called to separate the wheat from the
tares. What are you, a grain of golden wheat or a weed?

With all sincerity and love for the truth and our scattered brethren abroad,

Nicholas A. Stivers, humbled God fearing man, scribe and messenger.