Nicholas Scrolls Forum

Welcome to the Nicholas Scrolls Forum. We hope this forum to become a lively Gospel Believer's forum where you can discuss Biblical issues. Please keep the standard in which Jesus could participate.

Nicholas Scrolls Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Greetings Neighbor!

January 5, 2006

Dear Roger,

Well now, it appears we be neighbors Roger!
I hail from the SE shores of Commencment Bay
where the eagle, hawk and heron fly,
the whales and dolphins, the waters they ply and oh the sailors and fisherman...
the yarns they spin and the knots they tie!

Thanks for sending me a link to your website. I especially liked the collection of information you are recording on earthquakes and volcanos. Though we are not in agreement with real American patriotism being possible if one is also Christian... I like how you have put your web site together and recognize that there is a great many people who would agree with your views. That is where my ministry come in. I seek not for that which was created by man to seek God but that which was created by God for man to have relationship with God. In more plain words, I've given up on the divisive and religious/political/social agendas of mere men and have surrendered entirely unto God and serve faithfully in His court ministering to the spiritual needs of a deceived society and lost/wandering mainstream of Christianity.

In a nut shell, though man must govern responsibly the things which God has given him, man's government inherently usurps God's sovereign authority and government by replacing the necessary faith in Christ (trust in GOD) we are to preserve and promote and this therefore has become... as it is clearly being revealed today... the system of man and beast... yes, I'm talking about the last stage being assembled for the antichrist. A quote from my book reveals clearly what I think of this system, the American way and perversion of justice... "Those of you who still have faith in the system have yet to experience it. If you are not outraged by now, then you must not be paying attention." This of course is in the same context that is revealed to a godfearing man like myself who rebukes the aristocratic classes of the religious elite, as did Jesus, who are sleeping in the same bed as the political powers of man's government. In essence then the reality surrounding us is in fact a marriage of church and state both influencing one another against the will of our Father in heaven and His Son whom I am surrendered entirely to. I serve but one King and Lord and refuse to be divided in my alliance with God. Of course, I know that the powers that exist are to tame the worst of evil and the unruly and so I keep myself separate of being swayed to and fro like a wind tossed wave and remain a law abiding citizen because at least in this hour, I am still free to so speak and do as an American citizen.

In a nut shell, I truly believe that the called Christians are to be seperate from religion and trust in the pattern of Christ alone and thus thereby becoming disciples of Jesus. That being the case, you cannot serve two Masters for long and you know why if you are well read in scripture. I have saved your web link for future reference and hope someday to have coffee with you that we might share one another's insights since we are such close neighbors. I presume you have already seen at least some of my web ministry at http://nicholasscrolls.cephasministry.com and perhaps have used some of our extensive resources at http://cephasministry.com .

Thank you for the invite to tour your site. May our Lord shower you with unreserved committment (true love) for Him and empowering grace to make a difference in an otherwise indifferent world. Please heed the warning of keeping oneself separate from divisive politics and religion (so-called brethren) and seek to serve the only Master who has the power to save and destroy. If we are Christian then we have but one Lord and one King and there is no way to the Father but through Him alone... AMEN

Yes, it is true that liberty is maintained by responsible freedom but it also is prophetically true that with great power comes greater responsibility. Our salvation therefore is a duty and a responsibility.... to Christ, our King!

With all sincerity and love for the truth and our scattered brethren abroad,

Nicholas A. Stivers, humbled God fearing man, scribe and messenger.
Author; Apostasy Revealed published 2003 by Mountainview Publishing ISBN: 1-928602-92-4 http://nicholasscrolls.cephasministry.com
http://abide-in-truth-events.cephasministry.com/
http://cephasministry.com

Poetry and more

From: Roger W Hancock - the PoetPatriot Hancock@PoetPatriot.com
To: Nicholas A Stivers
Subject: Poetry and more
Date: Jan 6, 2006 4:30 AM

Nicholas,

Yes and I too see that many subscribe to your position. I do not fully agree, however your position is surely not without merit. Especially where one is without a spiritual direction. God directs people in different paths, but they must occasionally stop, reexamine where they are with God, then proceed in obedience. In Mid 1999 it was my belief that I could not write. Early in 2000 I wrote my first serious poem, "Life Abounds In Nature's Sound." If indeed I have the talent and people are not just simply being nice and patronizing me, then it is a gift of God. I can now look back and see I may been able to write but did not know I knew, subsequently did not have the confidence. Whether given long ago or more recently it is a gift I credit God. I did not apply myself well back in school. My writings, I believe, are led (I omitted "inspired", it sounded too strong) by God for they pretty much write themselves.
Your position is the spiritually safe position for sure. Among the political scene there is a "spirit" that so many unknowingly succumb. Once accused by a local State Representative who is Mormon that I was in it for the power (She was and is. She votes well though) I took as an opportunity for one of the self-reflections, my actions since has reinforced that power is not my motive. It appears, though, I may have obtained some influence locally. Anyway, my political activities, seem to be guided spiritually but must not supersede my church attendance and activities. I trust that my pastors will comment should they begin to see a problem. During times of increased absence due to illness they have been faithful to inquiringly comment.
I hope I am simply explaining rather then justifying.
Anyway, the political path is certainly not for everyone, one must be directed by the Holy Spirit in whatever their "ministry" or activities. I have long since felt that it may well be the Christians involved who just being involved may be the catalyst that brings persecution on the American Church. The American Church has not seen the persecutions that others around the globe have. The Bride of Christ will be made without spot and wrinkle, so surely the American church has some trying times ahead.
Where would we be today if America's founding fathers had simply abided allowing the oppression of England's king? Surely God guides people differently, sometimes where it make no logical sense.
The Christian must vote; a right and responsibility where the individual is allowed a say in government; Give to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar. It may well be that my political objectives will fail but I must press on doing that which the Spirit directs. We are to be witnesses of righteousness. As with so many other situations, in the political scene where righteousness exists, it shines bright. I must, though, be vigilant to not allow that brightness in me to dim.
Our government is certainly a far cry from what the founding fathers gave us.
Two masters is a condition that exists on many levels. Some have two masters in allowing their family to come before God. (My wife has a problem there but hers is a much closer family than mine.) To others their collections and hobbies. What ever the path, the underbrush that snares must not entangle us away from our First Love.
It is my hope that many who would come to my site for the various reasons would perhaps out of curiosity or perhaps a leading of the Holy Sprit to check out the "religious" writings. A quick mental review, just now tells me I need a writing on how to come to Jesus. ..... thanks !

It's getting much too late. I've got my day job in the morning.

Have a Grand and Glorious Day,
Roger W Hancock
www.PoetPatriot.com

"Liberty is maintained by responsible freedom." - Roger W Hancock