Nicholas Scrolls Forum

Welcome to the Nicholas Scrolls Forum. We hope this forum to become a lively Gospel Believer's forum where you can discuss Biblical issues. Please keep the standard in which Jesus could participate.

Nicholas Scrolls Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
MyReply to Medjugorje testimony Part III

Be that as it may, I think it wise for me to state here that you may believe as
you wish according to your own faith. All I ask is that you not allow your faith
to be corrupted by the corruptible influences of religious men and their dogmatic
precepts who have become pawns and puppets of fallen spirits. I am about worshiping
the Christ as He patterned for us His true righteousness. I refuse to be swayed
to and fro like a wind-tossed wave on my thinking but that does not mean I am beyond
reproof. It is human to err and from time to time my own zeal bites me in the butt.
If the visions of Medjugorje were leading people to Christ and His pattern I would
give great glory and thanksgiving to God. The truth is they are not and I am terribly
concerned that the established clergy of a corrupted institution are taking advantage
of a people that know no better. Ignorance is one part of the reason we fail to
overcome deception. Laziness and unbelief is the other. So if you think that such
visions are a miracle of God, let us examine the true miracles coming from this
place and determine if they are judged correctly by the unchanging Word of God.

Earlier this year, another man by the name of Mark commented on our articles concerning
Medjugorje and suggested that we should simply pray for those involved with Medjugorje
that they may granted help from God to follow the right path of salvation. I agreed
and replied in part,

"I am delighted to read your simple and most fundamental suggestion. It is
a "prime
directive" issued by our Lord and Master to do just that, "pray for one
another." When we are insulted by another, we should pray for them. When we
are harmed by another, we should pray for them. When we are in disagreement with
one another, especially with regards to one another's faith, we should pray to God
for effective and peaceful resolve between opposing factions without taking aim
and killing one another for Jesus established a peaceful resolve. When we cannot
resolve our differences, we should pray for one another and that God would clarify
and glorify Himself and His Word for God is able to make us be at peace with even
our enemies. When a friend, a neighbor, a loved one or even a foe is sick or injured,
in trouble or in danger, we should pray for one another and do what we can to minister
physical needs as well as spiritual needs. When we are seemingly blessed with adversity
or smooth times, we should pray and bless God for His wise and abundant character
and nature towards us. In all things we should praise God and beseech Him to be
merciful towards us and our enemies so that His love towards us may be manifested
in each of us and His abundant mercy and empowering grace may be witnessed. We all
should be desiring more of Jesus in our lives and less of self or the praise of
past, present and former saints a.k.a. God fearing examples in human flesh."

That is where I would like to leave this issue. I don't have to agree with what
others are doing. Salvation is a duty and responsibility towards God and our fellow
man and I understand what is meant by "working out our salvation with fear
and trembling." If the vision were truly from God then there would initially
be much fear and trembling leading the spectators to God through repentance. I don't
see it. What I see instead is the "hirelings" of mankind's institutionalized
religion are getting financially "fat" off this apparition and I know
that judgment will be severe for all who take advantage of other peoples ignorance.
Therefore, one should have to go no further than to the written Word of God and
learn to accept the judgments it makes upon humanity in its fallen state and take
the necessary courage to pick up their burden (cross) and follow Jesus alone. There
is no other way to the Father in Heaven but through Christ Jesus alone!

Matthew 11:25-30 "At that season Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father,
Lord of heaven and earth, that thou didst hide these things from the wise and understanding,
and didst reveal them unto babes: yea, Father, for so it was well-pleasing in thy
sight. All things have been delivered unto me of my Father: and no one knoweth the
Son, save the Father; neither doth any know the Father, save the Son, and he to
whomsoever the Son willeth to reveal him. Come unto me, all ye that labor and are
heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for
I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke
is easy, and my burden is light."

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life:
no one cometh unto the Father, but by me."

With all sincerity and love for the truth and our scattered brethren abroad,

Nicholas A. Stivers, humbled God fearing man, scribe and messenger.