Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: complete old lionel in attic

PROBABLY NOT WORTH MUCH THE 1654 SCOUT ENGINE WAS A LOW END PRODUCT. A COMPONENT OF SET 1401 FROM 1946

Sounds like a nice old set of Lionel Trains !!
That 1654 is a good runner, tough to find as opposed to sister 1651

You know what they say...........beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...or something close to that. If the set is as good looking as you say, then somebody will want it and you both just have to agree on a price or value. Some folks will say low end set but others may be willing to pay a bunch just because it WAS the set they had as a kid and got trashed when their parents divorced. Also the set could have been forgotten and left in the attic when the family moved!!!!!!! Be proud of what you have and sell it (if that is your intention) for the best price you can get. One other option is to take time and make sure the set is in running order and DONATE it to a local non-profit organization in your area. I am US Army RETIRED here and can recommend any VFW Post, American Legion Post, AmVets Post or DAV Post in your area as a good place to start. Any one of them will **** sure find a needy child to present the set for him/her to enjoy for years to come. After all you never know what kid today will grow up to become a model train enthusiast as most of us on this site are>>>>>>>>>>>>except for the dumb ****s that are here only for PROFIT. Charlie of TRAIN CITY is EXEMPTED from the category as he is facilitating and / or fostering the majority here in our hobby of model railroading. If by chance you may take exception to this posting, I encourage you to request directions to my home...........however...........I would offer these words of caution: MY PROPERTY IS NOT A WEAPONS FREE ZONE!!!!!