Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1962 rare athearn model train

I haven't heard anything yet! Wish I could post pictures on here!

Okay>>>>>>>>>>>>>thanks, I've got a bunch of stuff from the late 50's and early 60's. Most of it is probably not worth much and the things that do have value.............I will not be selling anyway! Coins and currency are things that rise in value...........trains are meant to be played with and of course they get broken. There is a set from 1932 that the grand kids can ONLY look but Not touch!!!!!!!!!

When I was born the set was already 15 years old and had been WELL played by some uncles. Every once in a while ...........I will pop a top on a beer and let the set make a trip around the track but not very often as ALL the uncles have since went over the rainbow to play with that BIG SET in the sky!

Sorry Mindy. I didn't get it. Please send again. Bobz

Hi Mindy. i got your pix. I couldn't read the writing much, but got the idea that it was special for an association or civic group. Perhaps one your dad belonged to in life.

I suspect that if you sell, you should offer it to this association's members.

Sorry to say that while it is a nice Athearn set, the greatest value may be the "nostalgia" value. I'd offer only $35.00

Bobz (trainster)

Thank you so much! This was one I wouldn't ever get rid of...it was always special to my daddy! I just always wondered why. I have probably 200 or so sets I am keeping for my two boys, but I think I will have to keep this one forever...even if it was worth thousands! Thank you so much for looking into this for me....I appreciate it! Merry Christmas to you!