Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: People Bidding On Items Before the Auction Start Time? Am I Missing Something?

I am glad I read your post as it proves i am not crazy. I contacted Mr. Seigal concerning this problem,and he sent me a link to bid before it was listed. The link he sent was just the regular auction site with no SPECIAL PRIVLEDGES. When I stated that he advertizes in a national magizine as " OFFERS PROFESSIONALISM, CONFIDENTAILITY,AND FAIRNESS...EASY TO DEAL WITH AND VERY HONEST" I stated to Mr. Seigal that I felt it was unfair, unethical,and possibly illegal this is his responce back to me. (VERY UNPROFESSIONAL).

Hi... I would hope you will go to the authorities or whatever about
this. We purchased this software and to be honest I'm not sure how
people are doing it (I thought I had sent you a link that allowed them
to do it, but I think you told me that wasn't it.) But if they find out
and take advantage of the loophole, more power to them. We are trying
to sell trains after all. I wouldn't know how to fix it anyway, and
would probably choose not to. This is nothing that we did intentionally
dishonestly. It's just the way the system was set up.

Sincerely,

--
Charles Siegel

Train City, Inc.
387 Imperial Blvd.
Suite 2
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

321.799.4044 Fax

I did not know that finding a loophole in the system and getting an unfair advantage was honest and fair as his ad states. Knowing and not doing anything is just as bad. I have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars over the past ten years with this man. This is not the first time he has blindsided me with sarcasism over legitimate concerns. I am a member of OGR forum i will post this and see if anyone else is having heartburn over this. Maybe Chuck will reconsider his poor attitude and correct this misfortune.

Re: People Bidding On Items Before the Auction Start Time? Am I Missing Something?

Hi Guys,

Actually this isn't fishy at all.

I am on a buying trip and have had a lot of time to think about this concern while driving.

Mark when you first brought this to my attention I give you a link to check out which I thought was the link that allowed people to see auctions before they officially started. You told me that wasn't the link, but it actually is.

If you go to traincity.com and click on the link 'current train city, inc auctions' which is located on the left side of the page just under the choochooauction.com icon, that is in fact the same link I gave you. This link allowed people to see auctions from the time they are uploaded instead of when they are supposed to start. It ignores the auction software protocol.

We are on the road and don't have any new auctions going up right now so I made a test auction which is 20 days long. But that test auction is not visible to anyone using the conventional auction software until it gets to 13 days. If you click on the link I mentioned above you will see the test link for the next week. There after you will see auctions that are longer than 13 days. So it is this link that people are able to see new auctions sooner than others. Any auction that is longer than 13 days is an auction that you can see from this link, but not from regular links on choochooauctions.com.

This link was added to traincity.com a long time ago so many people have had access to it. I had actually forgotten about the link until now. I thought I had put the same link on choochooauctions.com, but obviously I hadn't.

So the solution is that when I return this weekend I will put the link on choochooauctions.com and try my best to let people know they have access to it. Hopefully this will satisfy everyone.

Honestly we aren't purposely trying to play favorites or have little secrets. This was just something that we did a long time ago and forgot about. It should have been placed on choochooauctions.com, but that never did happen.

I hope this resoves this mystery.

Sincerely,

Charles Siegel

Hi Charlie, Mark, etal, I found the test under "New Auctions" on the left side of your main page. Thus:

This is a test.. Please don't bid on this auction

This item has been viewed 7 time(s).

Got it Charlie!

Bob Zimmer/Trainster

Only problem is that the test ALSO appears on the regular listings.....

We will be placing new auctions on Monday. We can check it then...

Charles Siegel

OK auctions just were uploaded. I can see auctions longer than 13 days in the link that we added to choochooauctions.com, but can not see them in the traditional ways to view auctions. Thus if you would like to get a head start on our auctions please use the link which is located in the left column under links.

Charles Siegel