Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ebay the monster!!!

David , I don't know your location , but have you tried Craig's list. It is on the web.

E-bay is more than a monster...I was a power seller since the mid 90's and selling about 10k $ a year Had over 8k excellent feedbacks..If fact I sold a GMC van got a $500. deposit and when they backed out had to give back the deposit which was nonrefundable there sellers backup is like Hitler was a saint It AINT THERE......All of a sudden ebay decided I wasn't fit to sell on there sight...Suspended my account with no reason given to me...I call several times (Once for over 2 hour with there rep) to find out why...they said they couldn't tell me or give me a reason except they didn't want me selling anymore and thretenred that if I or any member of my family opened an account they would close it down also.I can't even buy on there sight hows that for freedom in these United States.I even sold $20,000. in G scale trains and bought $8,000. in o scale trains before this happened.....Over the years they have gotten GREEDY for power and money.. There rules suck. .And they get you through there high fees and then paypal fees which they also owne...I wish they would go away...Wish them all the bad luck in the world....%20void(0);

My biggest gripe with ebay is there for the buyer not the seller. The buyer can leave me a negative feedback but if a buyer decides he doesn't want to go thru with a sale he supposedly gets a strike and 2 is suppose to suspend him for like 3 months but you never know if this happens and unless you leave feedback befor you finally close the nonpaying bidder report you won't be able to and yet you still can't leave him/her any type of feedback other than a positive. I would love to get hold of there list of emails of sellers and have a 1 week no selling just for them to finally listed to the ones that actually make them money but you have to use them basically if you want the sales
sorry Charlie I did okay here but I must admit I do better there as the exposure it gets out to because they are so big. Even thou they frustrate me.

Wow... Talk about horror stories! I finally sat down and read the rest of the stories in this small thread. It is amazing how one monopoly can get so crazy stupid.

I know their reasoning for favoring the buyers though. They figure that if you get a strong buying base that the sellers will come. I'm sure they are correct. Very smart people. That's why they can treat sellers badly because they don't care.

Well if you want to help choochoo, please spread the word about us. We will be here for a while I hope.

BTW I believe that ebay took the limit off our traincity ebay account. Originally they told us we would have to call and request it be taken off around November 26th, but we didn't. They even restored our power selling status while we were still on limited selling.

I am still digusted with the way they do business. If I treated people the way they do, well lets face it this site wouldn't be here.

At any rate, it is a pleasure serving you here. All we ask is that you behave like ladies and gentlemen and have fun!

Take care,

Charles Siegel
traincity

I too had the ugly head of the e-pay monster rear up and bite me..i had over $900.00 auctions about to end like within 5 minutes of what happened next..as i was reviewing bids my account vanished right before my eyes they deleted it..i got them on the phone and all they could say was were sorry...they then turned around and tried billing me for the very listings they screwed me out of..this has been on going for 4 yrs now hateful bill collectors calling me threatening me for e-pays money i finally talked to the county attorney where i live and he informed me e-pay hasn't a leg to stand on by ky law i tell em when they call when e-pay gives me my $900+ dollars i'll glad pay them and hang up what else can i do but since telling them about going to my county attorney the hate mail has at least stopped..guess my next move will be to record 1 of there calls to me and let em know there being recorded Thanks for letting me vent about them blood suckers

E-BAY IS JUST A WASTELAND OF S##T RUN BY A BUNCH OF CONIVING THIEVES. I KNOW LOTS OF GUYS WHO HAVE 'SHILLS' WHO BID UP INFERIOR TRAIN GOODS IN HOPE OF SNAGGING SOME UNSUSPECTING PIGEON

Wow, guess I am not alone. ebay has gone INSANE
I have been a buyer/seller since 2004 and until recently a power seller!

Their harsh and restrictive practices and policies toward sellers is unacceptable. Reminds me of the same bunch of thieves that ran Block buster Video into the ground!

After several crazy phone calls accept the fact that a multi Billion $$ platform will not change so I realize
I must change.

It is a public company and I guess they have the right to screw up a perfectly good business model due to greed and run their business into the ground! No company is to big to fail!

I will find a better way!!