Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bad News Turned Very Hopeful!!

There is no easy way to say this but in September of last year I learned that I have cancer. I’m writing this now rather than earlier, because we were sort of in shock and didn’t know what to do about it, where as now I am fighting it and so far so good!

This has affected our business as in October and November since I didn’t know what was going to happen, I procrastinated on several train collections that were offered to me. I did purchase some collections in that time period, but they were previously agreed to.

At any rate we are back in the buying mode. We do need to buy trains now and are working hard to once again get on track in buying. If you know of any collections for sale, please let us know.

I’ve procrastinated over making this public but have decided since the news is positive and some people already know, it is time. In no way am I looking for sympathy. This was a bad thing that has actually turned very positive.

This has actually been a pretty tough road until November when I found that there is a study that is actually successful in shrinking this type of tumor. We are very hopeful it will work and have no reason to believe it won’t. This is the second study. The first one was very successful.

It is amazing how far they have come with cancer research. Had this happened to me even two years ago this would have been much less hopeful. I am blessed!!

So back to business full steam ahead.

Charles Siegel

Re: Bad News Turned Very Hopeful!!

That's great Charlie. Prayer works! I had a bunch of folks praying for you although I didn't say your name. A couple of my kids were very nosy about it, as I said it was for a friend.

Anyway, we will continue to pray for you until you get the "high Green"

Love to you and Ginger, Bobz

Hi Bob...

Thanks so much!!!

Charlie

As a person that has recently lost a close relitive to cancer, I want to tell you that I'm soo happy for your family and love one's, as the cancer surly has taken it's toll on them as well.
Best wishes for 2011 and I'll say a prayer for you that your progress continues.

Michael

Charlie will keep you in our prayers. Wish for the best to continue for you and your family.

Best wishes and prayers Charlie!

I guess it was that time of the year. I was diagnosed with colon cancer in October, had surgery the day before Thanksgiving, and came through with flying colors. No spread anywhere of the cancer and I have fully recovered from the surgery.

Your right about the advances. 30 years ago the same cancer was a death sentence for my mother.

Take care and God Bless!

I am A full clinical professor at USC Norris Cancer Center and have been involved for 40 years in treating cancer patients, research, and training fellows, if i can be of any help either email me , or call me at 9497606780. It would be a privledge to just talk about it or help in anyway possible. I only like cures. God Bless Glen Justice

Wishing you all the best.

Bruce Fyfe

Charles,
So sorry to hear about the bad news, hopefully the medicine will help. I lost a younger sister to cancer, it is just so stunning at first. You and your family will be in our prayers.
Ed Strawn (Wabash)

Thanks very much for the well wishes. I was at the doctor's last week and had some very positive news on my condition.

Once again thanks so much for your comments. I can't wait to be able to say I am cancer free!

Charles Siegel

Stay positive and good things will happen. My wifes mom has been cancer free for over five years now. George