Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My mom died today

My Mom, Elizabeth Siegel died today. She was 95, had a wonderful life except for the last several years where she was stricken with Alzheimer’s Disease.

I feel this is a blessing as she didn’t know myself or family the last year or so. She suffered a lot, but is now at peace.

This will be a hectic week, but we will have staff working as hard as possible to flow the business as smoothly as possible while my wife Ginger, my son John, and myself are absent for her funeral.

Mom worked at Train City several years ago when we issued our monthly paper price list. She actually worked until she started to fail with this horrible disease several years ago. She was very proud of our business and the success we have had over the many years in business.

We are very proud of her, the way she lived her life, her strength and her dignity.

We will miss her very much, but know she is now in a better place.

Charles Siegel

Re: My mom died today

Charlie, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. She was always very friendly to me at the Erie store.

Jean and i are in Texas till 3-3. and will probably miss the funeral. Our best wishes to you.

Love, Bob and Jean Zimmer

Charles --

My mother is also 95 and suffering(?) with Alzheimer's, as well. While conversations -- face to face or via the phone -- have been difficult since she has absolutely no short term memory any more, my sister, brother and I continue to celebrate her long and wonderful life. And, I trust, as you go through the funeral rituals for your momn, you'll also have that lifetime of wonderfdul memories to share and to treasure. You are in my frayers at this time of your loss.

Kermit Krueger

Charles,

My condolences to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Dan
daninbflo

Charlie, you and your family are in our thoughts. May she rest in peace.

Having walked in those shoes I offer my sincere condolences.

Jim McClenin

Sorry to hear about your mother Charles

Buzz

I am sorry I just noticed this message Charles.

I hope the best for you and your family, I know this is a late comment, but you have always been nice to me when I purchased trains from you.

I lost my father a day after christmas in 2007, I know how it is.

take care
George

dear sir i am very sorry for you your mom seem to have lived a long life and hopfully a happy one she is with the lord now im am shore i can feel your pain for i have gone through it my self keep up the fath god bless kenny charlton