Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Space Shuttle Returns!!!

You may or may not know but we are within 20 miles of the space center here in Florida. So close in fact that when the shuttle returns it generally makes it feel like a bomb went off right in front of our establishment. And it's a loud bomb.

Today that happened, although I was expecting it. Last time I wasn't expecting it and jumped around six feel while talking with someone on the phone.

Heard the boom just a couple of minutes ago and for some reason I went outside. (I had been told that once you heard the boom it was too late to see the shuttle.) But this time there it was as plain as day and actually looked like it was assending over the ocean. Then it came back and went into a steep decent. What a site!

Sent chills down my spine almost as if seeing an old steam engine in real time chugging along the tracks!

Charles Siegel

Re: Space Shuttle Returns!!!

Charles, Thanks for the description, wish I could experience it first hand as you. Only a flight or two left of the shuttle. Have a camera handy next time. I see the launch on TV, but that landing you describe I do not get to see.

Rod L