Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Hobby

After attending a recent train show and seeing the new offerings of the various manufacturers i have to wonder where the hobby is going. It seems that most of these cars are reruns of older cars no creativity, all the manufacturers just seem to copy off of each other what happened to the creative side I am not into the whole prototyopical scene(trains are toys for a older crowd it seems) to attract younger crowds they need to get creative the alien train was a step in that direction.

Re: The Hobby

New tooling is expensive so they won't produce anything unless there is a reasonable rate of return on the investment.
Jim McC.

Ron
After attending a recent train show and seeing the new offerings of the various manufacturers i have to wonder where the hobby is going. It seems that most of these cars are reruns of older cars no creativity, all the manufacturers just seem to copy off of each other what happened to the creative side I am not into the whole prototyopical scene(trains are toys for a older crowd it seems) to attract younger crowds they need to get creative the alien train was a step in that direction.
dear ron, i am happy that in spite of the economy, the train manufacturers can stay in business. i think that they will have to pull in their horns for a while and make affordable trains again. the 0-8-0 that comes with the alien set is great, so they can do it if they want to. also the english 4-6-0? they can make a neat good running engine for a little more than 100 bucks if they want to, and they would open up the hobby to a lot more individuals.of course u.s. made would be good, thanks to weaver. please make some good old affordable engines again.

Yeah i agree they need to come out with more affordable engines especially since the replaced the Made in USA with made in china for cheaped labor you would think that would be the case but it seems the opposite is happening