Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
blue boxes

Does anyone know what about the blue boxes lionel put some of there items in. I know of the toy fair boxcar i have one i do know they put a dwarf signal (i think ) in a blue box but does anyone know if there are any other trains or accesories out there boxed in the blue box? any info would be great. Also does anyone know about the Pratts hollow cars if there is anymore besides a seed dump car, a bunk car, and a passenger set. again thanks for any info.

Re: blue boxes

I think you hit the only 2 boxes. The Toy Fair car and the Dwarf signal is all I can remember as well. The only other "1 off" box I can remember is the Lambeir(sp) packaging truck. They are or were the box supplier for Lionel and did a special box for their own truck.

Hello, The only two items Lionel ever put in the "blue" boxes are the two you mentioned. The 1996 Toy Fair car and th eDwarf Signal. The LITTLE rialroad club is coming out with a commemorative car that is also supposed to be in a similar "reverse color scheme".
Chuck
"see3" on Choo Choo Auctions

ALL the AMBASSADOR CARS came in BLUE BOXES also. These are somewhat high end and RARE!

Thanks for all of your help I was not aware that the ambassador cars were in a blue box They are rare only have seen one that was not in a box. I have a feeling lionel will eventually go to the blus box

Ron

I seriously doubt if Lionel will ever stray away from the orange boxes again!! They ALWAYS come back!