Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
One Year Later....

It has been one year today since we moved here from Erie, Pa. It’s hard to believe time has gone by that fast. Seems like just yesterday we were driving that truck up and down those hills of West Virginia, some just barely making it to the top of the hill from the weight of the trains and office equipment we were hauling!

Moving was probably one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done. We left behind some good friends and customers. Obviously I still miss many things from the North. But one thing I don’t miss is the bad weather! We now live in paradise as long as we don’t get a hit from one of those hurricanes. Crossing our fingers.

I have worked harder this past year than I have ever in the past. It has not been an easy transition, but we are getting there. We wouldn’t be here without those customers that have been with us for years. Last year we closed the business down for one full month for the move, and I didn’t know what would happen when we opened back up. But sure enough slowly but surely the business got back on track. Thanks to all of you who have stuck with us through this transition. And thanks very much for those new customers we have had the pleasure to serve since we have been here in Florida.

So here is to that really big move we made last year. May we not have to move again. Ever!!! (Tips beer can and guzzles!)

Re: One Year Later....

Hey Charlie, Ginger and John. That was a pretty fast year. You DID accomplish a lot; and you kept up with the best deals on the net. Thanks a lot for all you do for me too. Much appreciated.

Bobz/Trainster

Re: One Year Later....

Hi Charlie! It's hard to believe how fast the year has gone. It seems like yesterday that we were standing in the empty store(tears in my eyes)with a new beginning ahead of all of us. It looks like it worked out good for everyone. We'll drink to this the next time you're in town!

Lonny and Ebbie if you're reading this...I think of you often and all the fun we had together. Take care everyone.