Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LCCA, TCA Price Plunge?

In 2008 Kalmbach Books, the publisher of the Lionel Greenberg guide eliminated all LCCA and TCA cars from their pocket guide. They also eliminated Lionel G gauge items in that same year or the next year.

Does anyone know what led up to the decision to eliminate these items?

I have a feeling they were trying to free up some room in their book, but I suppose there is a possibility that there was another reason behind this.

At any rate I have been amazed at the drop in prices for the TCA and LCCA items over the past two years. I’m assuming at this point that the plunge in prices has something to do with deleting them from the price guide. Is it possible that there is another factor in the plunge in prices for these items?

Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

Charles Siegel

Re: LCCA, TCA Price Plunge?

There are hoards of the older TCA LCCA LOTS TTOS train cars from the 80's and 90's for sale on ebay. Many can be had very cheap under $25. The original new price was very low at about $30 per car.

The newer club cars LCCA TCA LOTS TTOS from the 2000's are in demand on ebay fetching $100 to $150 per car. The original price new of these cars is from $80 to $100 each. Extremly limited quantities were made.
Tom