Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shipping

Hello...

You know we are usually around same day shipping. Well it seems we have been flooded with orders of late and are a little behind. Sorry about that. At any rate wanted people to know.

Think I'll have to start raising my prices to slow down this shipping crisis!!! LOL... Never!!! Don't worry you'll always get the best deals here!!!!

Charles Siegel

Re: Shipping

Charles I won my 1st auction item 72283 5 days ago and checked the status today.This is the reply:
"Hi, We have gotten flooded this week with orders and yours is on the shelf for today. Sorry about the delay. You will receive an email after it is processed by FedEx and this will have the tracking information in it. Have a great day! Ginger

Rich,
Shipping Manager
5days and it's on the shelf?? If your that busy might be a good time to help the unemployment rate and hire some help.I am a little disapointed.

Hi... Sorry you are unhappy. The auction closed on Friday night. We don't work on the weekends. Your invoice was not sent until Monday morning. Today is Wednesday and it went out today. We are doing our best. That's why I posted above that we are behind. But I don't think a two day turn-around is all that bad!

At any rate thanks for your business.

Charles Siegel

Hi Charlie. Actually, I'm glad to see that you have Ginger working! I was sorta afraid that she would be hanging out on the beach!.............Hi Ginger!

Trainster

Hi Bob.... Shhhhhhhh.. that's a secret!

charles and crew, i just got my latest order, and the engine as well as the shipping was superb. thanks to you and your gang. jack

It's not all on you. I am awaiting the arrival of one of my orders, and YOU shipped it in a timely manner. My FedEx tracking indicates, however, that they have an idiot working for them. It contains 2 'delivery exceptions' in the email. 1st one: "Unable to locate address - street number". Well, my house number is clearly visible, in numerals 10 inches high, right next to the front door. 2nd one:"Customer not available or business closed" That's a good one, too. I plan on asking FedEx for a refund of the shipping charges, since I'm not getting the service I paid for. Item could/should have been delivered March 13th. It will not arrive before March 16th due to THEIR lazy/stupid driver.

The problem with FedEx ground is that it is not owned or operated by FedEx. FedEx contracts with local delivery companies for their ground service. Be careful how you complain, you may not get any deliveries in the future.

Well, John, I live in an area where there is more than one FedEx. I did get a delivery from the OTHER one yesterday (E-Bay item). They had no trouble finding my house.
I do thank you for you input/comment, as I was not aware of what you brought up. I will keep that in mind, but I still want to file a complaint. I have won over 20 items on this site alone in the last 2 months, and they've managed to deliver the rest without a hitch.
One thing I do know. If you don't point out a problem, then you are the only one who knows it exists.

Walter,

I agree with you about pointing out a problem, when you are dealing with reasonable people. FedEx Ground is not the FedEx you and I think of when we think of FedEx. The point I was trying to make when the service provider is not as committed to service, the way you bring something to their attention can be a difficult.situation Like complaining at a restaurant can mean someone spits in your food.

Glad to see that your service is improving.

I am glad your service has improved.

To follow up on this, the item was delivered the following Monday by the 'regular' driver. He apologized for the mistake the sub made, and was made aware of the problem.
As for Charlie and company being behind on shipments, in this economy it is nice to see that a business is so busy that his happens. I can wait for my choo-choos!

Happy to say that today I was told we are caught up with shipping!! Thanks everyone for your patience.

Charles Siegel