Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
responses

hi i dont understand how hard it could be to respond in a 24hr time frame in giving someone the cortiousy of knowing you recieved an invoice and thenyou give an extra day and dont want to pay for shipping they only responded when they were left with bad feedback and said they were going to pay so i said i would still let them have it and change my comment if they pay and now we back to no responses again i treat people the way i want to be treated i respond quick and ship quick thats the way i like to be

Re: responses

Or from the other side of things, how about when you leave positive feedback, which lets them know the item was received, but YOU get no grading from them on the type of customer you are. I have purchased over 2 dozen items on here, yet only have 3 feedbacks, all good. When my next item comes, I'm not leaving feedback until mine are properly updated!

Charlie has to be nudged once in awhile and reminded to leave feedback. I suspect this nudge will do the trick.

It's not that hard to set up as a automated thing.....maybe something he would be interested in doing.

Regarding feedback, please note we are around 2 months behind or so. I now do feedback personally at home when I get the chance. Jean used to do it when we were in Erie. Since we moved to Florida we have been so busy first getting the business back up and running, now doing every day business that unfortunately feedback has to take a back seat. I do take feedback seriously, but would you rather receive your order in a timely manner or receive feedback in a timely manner?

There just aren't enough hours in the day for us right now and hiring someone to do feedback when they could be doing other needed things would not be very smart. At any rate I will do my best to keep plugging at feedback. I did three pages last night.

At any rate I do want everyone to know we truly do appreciate your business. Our concept of business seems to work out well for everyone as we move trains through our system and you get a great deal and pretty good service at that. I hope you keep that in mind next time you see we are behind in feedback. There is a reason, and that is becuase we are trying our best to keep things running smoothly and keep you happy.

BTW I'll have another earth shaking announcement to make probably within the next month. You aren't going to believe this announcement. To be honest I don't believe it!!!

Take care,

Charles Siegel

Auctions

Maybe if your to not the kind of person that can what for a responce then maybe an auction website is not for U.

i am relatively new to choo choo auctions, and i also have been given only i of four feedbacks. the service and honesty that we get is more than worth any little problems like this. also i have always gotten a good deal and fast shipping. thanks charles and crew, jack

chucktrains

i hope no one misunderstood what i was saying i was not intending this to question charles from choo choo i am more then happy with the items i been buying and the response of shipping they perform exceptionaly well my comment was directed at soe people here who bidded on my items and then dont have the courtiousy of informing you that they recieved an invoice and when payment should be expected by i do say i need 24 hrs for a response on my invoice and 7 days to recieve payment i think thats more then fair and chucktrains if you cant afford to bid an item you shouldnt bid and then you dont even reply in a timely matter with zero feedback you would figure to reply especialy when theres instructons to do so having a negitive feedback is not the way you want to start in an auction site when trying to purchase items its peopple like you who force us to make these rules

Walter Johnston
Or from the other side of things, how about when you leave positive feedback, which lets them know the item was received, but YOU get no grading from them on the type of customer you are. I have purchased over 2 dozen items on here, yet only have 3 feedbacks, all good. When my next item comes, I'm not leaving feedback until mine are properly updated!

Here's yet another nudge. OVER 40 purchases, ONLY 14 feedback responses? Maybe ebay IS a better place to shop! The "Dealer types" I see on here seem to get theirs. I guess you have to be a REALLY big spender.

Please read my earlier post about feedback. I'm working on it, but am having trouble catching up. Our problem is every day we have another 50 to 100 items end. I'll look for some items specifically that ended for you wiz. I know they are out there, I just haven't come across that many yet. If I can find some I'll give you positive feedback as you are a good guy and you pay fast which we appreciate very much! We really do appreciate your business!!

Are you buying trains or feedback? Ebay is ok. Choochoo is ok. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Funny how that works. But don't base it on feedback....feedback on Ebay is a joke. At least here both parties can leave it as they see fit.

Just my 2 1/2 cents worth....

Feedback is not what this site is about. I have been dealing with Charlie for nearly 10 years. I have bought items from auctions and his store. Charlie is the most honest person I have dealt with. I come here because I know that what I get will be what I expected, and if I am dissatisfied, Charlie will do his best to make it right. The real problem with Choo Choo Auctions right now is the people that clog the site with listing prices for auctions that are no where near the market. Take a look at the AF page, and there are about 40 auctions where the starting price is 3 times the market. Charlie is kind enough to let it go, because he is a gentleman. You know he has to pay a fee to have an organization maintain the auction site.

Please don't worry about feedback from Traincity. I would rather Charlie was out sourcing trains than leaving feedback. By the way, my feedback number is probably over 1300, all from Traincity.

Thank you Charlie for your kindness, and generosity.

I never said feedback is what the site is about; but if it meant nothing, it wouldn't exist, would it? It is a minor component of the overall operation. I am VERY satisfied with every other aspect of it, and was questioning why there is sporadic updating of the feedback. I did an 'inventory' of the ones I've gotten so far. 45 items purchased, and #1,3-5,7-8,11,15,18-19,22-29,31-39, and 42, no feedback. 45 is to be paid for today. 2 of the completed feedbacks were from outside sellers.
My main point, I guess, is the older ones, once skipped, seem likely to never be taken care of. I know this is a busy place, and things like this, of lesser importance, get put to the back burner. If I'm the only one mildly annoyed by that, so be it.
I've praised Charles and Co. many other times on this board, and I do truly appreciate all they do. Buying these items would be a lot less fun if this site weren't here, and I thank them all for their hard work to keep it running the way it does.

Hey.. thanks for the kind words!

I do take feedback seriously. Jean used to do feedback when we were in PA in her spare time. Unfortunately Mary never has any spare time so I have to do it at home when I have a chance. I try to do some everytime I think of it.

The main problem was when we moved we were down for almost a month and got so far behind both business and money wise that feedback was the last thing on our mind. I only started seriously doing it again maybe a couple of months ago.

I know I've missed some feedback, and have not yet gotten a good system for doing it, but I can assure you that when I do it I go down the page and try to finish a page completely before going onto the next. I don't ever play favorites.

This coming move will be much more organized and hopefully won't shut us down for more than a weekend. Everyone cross your fingers.

Sorry to change the subject but once we are up and running in our new home things will be much better and more organized because we will have room to breath!

Well I'd better get to work. Still have to post some auctions for tomorrow.

Thanks again for your input (feedback if you will) on this issue as this is what this board is for.

Take care,

Charles Siegel

Walter, if all the feedbacks Charlie HAS posted about you are POSITIVE, what difference does it make if he is behind in posting? Any one that checks you out as a possible buyer is going to see all POSITIVE. I'm sure if you needed NEGATIVE feedback for any reason Charlie would post it quickly. Be glad there is no reason for that action. I've been buying on this site for many years and he will get caught up. In the mean time give him a break so he can find more trains for all to buy!!!