Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Places to look to find trains value?

I have quite a few trains that I know are worth something, just wondering a way to figure out how much? Everything I have is still in the box brand new with item #'s etc etc. Is there a place I can go and just look up old train values just by knowing what it is? Anybody that can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! I hope to be listing some stuff for auction here soon! Thanks!

Re: Places to look to find trains value?

They have a price guide right here that may be helpful. You can access the link on the homepage or copy and paste this:

http://www.traincity.com/price_guide/

Otherwise you can pick up a pocket guide online or at a hobbyshop.....really depends on the types/manufacturers of the trains you have.

I cant really seem to find any of the trains I have on those lists. I guess I will have to go to a local shop to find out. The brands I have are bachmann, life like, con-cor and a few others. Most of my trains are over 20 years old and I cant seem to find any online. Back to searching!

Thank you for the suggestions.

Another way might be to visit train swap meets in your area. Others will likely be selling similar items, and you can get a feel for what price range yours would go for.

I had the same problem. Bunch of 'N' gauge stuff, but not much of an idea what to peg the prices at. That helped me some, along with tracking down current retail for the same or similar items from their online sites.

Happy hunting!