Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What Happened To Closed Auctions

I've had several item 'close' in the last few weeks. One was a sold item. I have invoiced the buyer, both thru choochooauctions and regular e-mail. I think it closed sometime around Dec 20th, '08. He did send one e-mail around 12/29/08 and said he'd use PayPal. He also has my mailing address. My questions are; 1) How should I handle this and 2) how long do I have to honor the sale before I can re-post the item and cancel this purchase/buyer.

Re: What Happened To Closed Auctions

Well, I thought the Gizzer was going to ask MY question..........I had several auctions close 1-4 with no bids. I wanted to relist them, but they're not showing on my "closed items"; where are they??

Trainster

Hi.. Yes we seem to have an end of year computer problem. I ran into the same problem. go back 100 days and they appear. Hopefully this will resolve soon as we get further into the month.

As far as how long you have to wait. We don't require any time limits. That is up to you. It is best to write your own policy. We normally give 7 days to pay for auctions, but that is us.

Charles Siegel

OK, I've waited as of today, 13 days. How do I inform you to remove that sale? As far as re-posting the item, I've got all the particulars in my computer and can re-list poste-haste.

Should have added to the above, do we post the 'handle' of the dead-beats??

What's happening to my CLOSED auctions? Am I doing something wrong? When I click on MY AUCTIONS and then on CLOSED ITEMS, nothing shows up! And I just had 4 items close today (Fri. 1/9) - and one of them had a couple bids on it! Yes, I got the e-mail stating this fact, but how do I go about sending the winning bidder an invoice through choochooauctions

Hi.. I explained this in a post above. Try putting 200 days in the box at the top of the page. They should show up then. We are aware of this problem and are trying to figure out what is causing it.

Charles Siegel

Y2K problem fixed!

I'm happy to say that our Y2K problem in closed auctions has been fixed.

Charles Siegel