Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ebay Seller Trainz needs to learn on how to grade items

Hello Everyone:

I don't understand on how someone who is supposed to be a TCA member can grade some items terribly wrong.

I purchased some old Mehano steam locos that were suposed to be new, well they weren't

the seller only showed pictures of the good side, the other side had corroded rods, and the locomotives barely ran.

when I tried to contact them, they kept giving me an automated message.

so I got sick of it and sold them on ebay.

this is the second time I got screwed by Trainz, the last time was on a group of TM train cars that were supposed to be new and complete.

I know this is a rant, but I am posting this here because a lot of us do a lot of business over the net and the word needs to get out.

take care
George

Re: Ebay Seller Trainz needs to learn on how to grade items

Thats strange for a trainz item not to be as described, all the items I ever purchased from Trainz always met or exceeded the listing that was stated.

--Ron--

I'd like to say that up until this post I have never heard anything negative about trainz.

As a dealer I realize that things can happen that put a bad taste in customer's mouths. I know I have my share of people out there that things happened that were not completely to their satisfaction and it is hard to turn that around. People remember.

At any rate as a dealer I wanted to say that I admire the way trainz does business. I've looked at their operation and it is an excellent operation the way they are set up. The only thing I don't like about them is they don't use this auction site. Of course that option is always open to them and anyone else for that matter.

Charles Siegel

George,

Sometimes it's good to rant, but fortunately I have not shared your experience with this company.

I've yet have had a problem with Trainz over the years. I've also never had a problem communicating with them through Email, or over the phone. I've purchased from their store front site, as well as from them on EBay.

FYI, I'm at the west side of these great United States from Trainz. Yet, when I've had a concern or question, I have been treated better than some online sites in my own state, or a certain local bricks and mortar shop in my own city.

Hmmmm.... Trainz on Charles site. That would complement both outstanding sellers.

Rod.