Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Unacceptable Posts

I have deleted the following post:

'Yes shipping is a BIG problem, but you must understand who you are dealing with.'

This was deleted because it serves no purpose. There is nothing constructive about the message and it is sent by an anonymous user.

Please this message board is to be a positive medium, not negative towards people myself included.

Constructive critisism is OK especially if solutions to problems are included in the post. However badgering or negative comments towards a person or persons are not welcome and are subject to being deleted.

It is possible if we run into this type of problem that I will change this board to require members to sign in. I would like to avoid that if at all possible.

I really don't want to censor this board but the purpose of this board is not to bad mouth others. I hope everyone understands.

Sincerely,

Charles Siegel

Re: Unacceptable Posts

Evidently the same person really doesn't like me. Their IP number is 71.116.28.51. At any rate they came back with a very personal remark directed at me. I deleted that message as well and I won't repeat it here. This person is from Erie, PA according to their IP. Exactly the type person I really don't want to see on this board. Their IP is banned. If anyone knows more how to id them from their IP number, could you let me know? I'm just curious. I must have made someone mad at some point in their life!

Sorry I am making such a big deal about this. I just don't want rude remarks and rediculous behavior on this site. It's not good for anyone.

Charles Siegel

Hi Charles, and Happy New year to you and your family.

I will see if I still have the program in my pc, there is a way to find out who it is, I will check on the program.

it is not cool for someone to keep coming here to post rants or hateful remarks.

sadly even though you banned the ip, there is ways he can go around it, changing his ip or using a stealth program.

if you want to avoid some of this, you should have it where people who come to the boards have to be registered with choo choo auctions and have a sign in.

and have it required that they have a valid email address.

it helps.

just a thought.

but I will see if I have the program and if I do, I will contact you.

take care
George

Charles,

I can tell you from a user IP program that I have that this person is a Verizon customer. If they continue to harass you, you can report them to Verizon at abuse@verizon.net and they WILL do something about it.
If the person has problem with you, they've said what seems to be on their (small) mind and now should just let it go.
Good luck, you run a great site.

Walter J.
(wizgrand)

Hi Walter and George,

Hey thanks very much for the info. Believe it or not I can think of 3 people in Erie who might have done that. It's weird how you can gain enemies over the years.

I probably won't hear from them again as we have banned the IP address, but I'd just like to make it clear that if they post here again I will take your advice Walter. There is absolutly not reason for anyone to harass others under any circumstances.

Incidently of the three people I am thinking of, if it's one, well let me just say that would be sad. But then again that person is a very sad person to say the least! And I have a feeling if they see this post they'll know who I'm talking about!!

Take care,

Charles Siegel