Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Invoice System for 3rd party billing - working?

Charlie & team,

THANKS TO YOU, one of my first ChooChoo auction items has sold!

However, when I try to use the invoice process, the sold item (using buy it now) does not appear under the buyer name list of items purchased. Am I doing something wrong?

Does this have something to do with the perldebugger message that appears in TINY green font on the page???

Please advise.
Thanks,
Cary
Encore Toy Trains

Re: Invoice System for 3rd party billing - working?

Hi Cary...

Thanks for your inquiry.. They are still working on the invoice system. It isn't quite reliable. I'll make an announcement when that happens...

OK...glad it wasn't 'operator error' on my part.

If you want someone to do some external testing / verification at some point, I would be happy to help.

Cary
Encore Toy Trains

The invoice system seems to be functioning now. There are a couple of totaling bugs that we know about, but our concern was making certain that all the invoices were accurate as to auctions ended. We will debug those soon. Please use it and if you find any bugs please let us know. We are going to use it for a couple of weeks before we start debugging again.

Charles Siegel

Charles,

The system IS working ...but the format could use a little work:
1. Subject line of e-mail send to seller simply says "Copy of:",
2. E-mail of invoice has random indexing from line to line. I'm attaching a copy below...if it works!

---- copy of invoice ----

Dear youngsr3,

The following is the invoice for the products you have bought at choochooauctions.com auctions.

Item# Title Quantity Price($) SubTotal($)

68149 Lionel 1666T-4 Tender Shell - UNMAR 1 6.99 6.99

Total: 6.99
Shipping: 6.00
Insurance: 0.00
Tax (%): 0.00
Shipping charges are not taxed 0.00
Grand Total: 12.99

NOTE:
Walt, I'm NOT sending this invoice to bug you...just testing ChooChoo Auctions system, now that they say it is fixed. If you would like USPS insurance on your shipment, it costs $1.75. Thanks again, Cary Encore Toy Trains

You may alternately visit the url:
http://www.choochooauctions.com/cgi-bin/ua/showinvoice.pl?inv=180
to see this invoice.

Other details are as follows:

EncoreTrains
---- end of inserted e-mail ----

Well....it copied alright, but when e-mailed the Total / Shipping / Insurance / Tax numbers are partially offset to the right, but were not aligned.

Please understand - I'M NOT COMPLAINING...just trying to help your site be as professional as possible.

Best wishes,
Cary
Encore Toy Trains