Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some Train City, Choochooauctions.com news

We are in the process of updating our choochooauctions software to allow invoicing customers similar to ebay. Actually I have been trying to have this added for some months now but we have had trouble finding a programmer to do it. This feature will allow a seller to invoice winning bidders directly through choochoo rather than having to send emails. I believe this will save everyone time and aggravation! We are certainly looking forward to it! It will help our operations greatly!

It is important that your profile be accurate as that is the address the seller will be using. To update your address click on my profile when you are signed it. You will have to input your password again. Then you can change your address using the template.

We hope to have this up and running within a week or so. Whether that will happen or not is up to the programmer.

It has been a couple of years since our shipping and handling rates have change. Actually I have been monitoring this for the first half of the year so this has nothing to do with our move to Florida. We are actually lowering the percentage we charge from 7.5% to 7%. That’s the good news.

We are however raising our minimum domestic shipping to $9.50 per package. Our maximum goes to $23.00. As before large or heavy packages are subject to a surcharge.

Please understand we don’t make money on our shipping and handling charges. Most everyone in mail order charges to offset their shipping charges. Our shipping and handling charges go into our books against our postage charges, not as revenue.

This is only the second increase in over 10 years. I have been looking at the numbers on this since the beginning of the year and only do this reluctantly. Part of the blame is the increase in oil that the carriers pass on. I remember when you could ship a package for under $4.00. Unfortunately those days are long gone!

This change will go into affect October 1st.

We have committed to purchasing three collections in the next week with some interesting items. I am working on many train lists right now because our move somewhat stymied me from being able to work on them. Only last week was I was able to start working on lists again. It is still frustrating for me as I am not able to spend enough time on them with many moving related issues. Things have started to settle down though.

Thanks very much to all of you who have stayed with us through thick and thin. This has been a very tough move and was very discouraging at times, but finally things are starting to get organized.

Our shopping cart system on traincity.com should be up soon. The problem we had was our inventory was off and there were a number of items that were listed that we didn’t actually have and a number of items that we had but didn’t show up. This will be fixed soon.

Wish you the best for this coming train season!

Sincerely,

Charles Siegel