Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Computer Prob's......

Sorry to all that placed orders thru ChooChoo this week I have had some computer problems which I think we got solved but may take a day or so to get out the door, please be patient........

Re: Computer Prob's......

I apologize I meant the orders going out the door...

Re: Computer Prob's......

I'd like to explain further about our computer problem that led to some unknown problems until today.

On Monday morning I came into the office to find that Mary's computer was zapped. It wouldn't turn on. Probably a power supply problem which can be fixed, but we needed to do something immediately. I had a newer vista computer which I used to replace the broken computer.

I had to upload data onto the email program so we could function as usual.

So we were up and running within an hour and a half of finding the computer was broken.

Throughout this week we had people complain that they had not received notices of their auction winnings.

Finally today I looked into it further and found a couple of hundred notices in the junk folder for that computer. Thus we never received the notices. At any rate after figuring out what happened we printed up the notices and have sent some out and will finish sending them tomorrow.

So another technical problem for us, but we have fixed it and have taken steps to not allow it to happen again.

I hope this didn't cause anyone any inconvenience. If so, please accept my apologies.

Overall things are going pretty smoothly here in Florida. We have a very nice staff now in Rich and Mary.

I'm in need of inventory as always so if anyone knows of anyone with a huge gigantic collection, please let me know. Finally I am able to work on collections and hope to purchase many over the rest of this year. I have lots of money to spend. If you have trains for sale, please let me know!

Charles Siegel