Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We are back up no thanks to Fay!

We placed some auctions today after finally tackling a serious network problem that had been a problem all morning. We will place more auctions throughout the week.

We have also hired staff, and should be in pretty good shape operational soon!

Now if we could only get over this tropical storm! Hopefully it won’t cut our power. Looking out the window right now the rain is going sideways. The storm is around 80 miles South of us and should come within 20 miles.

But we are in good shape. Plenty of beer on hand, thanks! I was a boy scout!

Our offices are still a mess, but we should be nice and clean (Jean) by Thursday provided we don’t lose our electricity.

OK as far as our address is concerned, there is some confusion as to what our actual suite number is. I think it is suite C, however there could be some numbers after the C. Due to a post office technicality we have not received any mail, but hope to have this resolved by Friday.

Please change our phone numbers to 321.7989.4005 for the phone and 321.799.4044 for fax. Guess what the 321 stands for! I just learned yesterday that is for 3-2-1 blastoff since we are very close to the Kennedy Space Center.

Whoops looking out the window it is getting much worse. Hope we can get out to eat. I guess beer just doesn’t fill you up as much as it should!

Til next time...

Charlie

Re: We are back up no thanks to Fay!

Ironic.

I was watching the national news this morning about the storm Fay, and for some reason, your move came to mind. Glad to hear you made it. Hope the beer holds out.

FYI, Welcome to Florida.

Rod L.

Get more beer, Dark beer with a punch. Lonny

Glad that you're still holding on!
Funny how Fay did more to bring me to
your site than any magazine ad ever could!
Good luck in the new location!

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the welcome. For a while there my wife wanted to go back to PA with Fay!! What an experience but the sun is out today!!!

We had over 20 inches. Depending on who you listen to I've heard as much as 30 inches.

At the height of the storm the movers were trying to move items into our condo. Then the elevator stopped working!

We had some water in our bedroom, but not too bad. That's the only damage we suffered so we were lucky.

Thank goodness we are on the river. I guess the beach got beat up much more.

We are in pretty good shape at the office. No damage at all and yesterday we got it almost ship shape.

We will be back to normal in around a month, I hope. We should start shipping trains Tuesday. Our actual suite number is C113. Finally got that straightened out yesterday and got my mail. It only took around 8 days to straighten that out!

This whole moving thing is not fun!!!!!! Hopefully I'll never have to do this again.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Just a correction on your telephone number, it should be 799. Just trying to help. Did you say Ginger is ready to come back to Erie??!?! I'll be right down with a truck.Ha!Ha! Can't wait to meet the staff, you should post pictures on The Train City Tour, let us meet them.
Good luck!
Jean

charlie-you have not even experienced a hurricane yet.
that is what we call a tropical storm.you live in brevard county-they always get hit hard.i live right above you-ormond beach-lgpa exit-you had to pass my apartment complex going down to the cape.i've been through 2 tropical storms and 3 hurricanes.been without electricity during the hurricanes for almost a month.not a pleasant experience.i'm from albany,ny
and never experienced bad weather like this.
glad to see you are placing items up for biding-wish you good luck.joe(challenger)

Congratulations! I'm glad the move was successful. How come we never got any beer at the old Train City? The Florida store gets all the good stuff...

Good Luck