Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Phone number and address! Internet is up!

Toughest three days of work in my life but things are starting to look up. Our phones are now operational for the most part. Our main phone number is 321.799.4005. Our new fax is 321.799.4044. Our address is 405 Atlantis Road, Suite C, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920. Our internet now works! Finally! We only have one computer on-line at this time so only my email works, trainman@traincity.com. Please update our phone number and address for your records. Hopefully we will have more computers up soon.

This has been a whirl, but here's what has happened in the past couple of days.....

Tuesday early in the morning we left Erie, PA in a 24 foot truck that towed John's car. Also we had my car along so three vehicles. The truck had problems through West Virginia's mountains. At one point I didn't think we were going to make it in the 24 foot truck that was filled to the hilt with the towed car! But we managed to get out of Virginia into NC where from there on the mountains subsided. I had hoped to arrive in Cape Canaveral somewhere by midnight but the mountains really slowed us down so we spent the night in SC and started fresh on Wednesday. We arrived in Cape Canaveral at around 3:30 PM on Wednesday. On Thursday we emptied the truck in around 8 hours. I had estimated it would take around 3 hours. So much for planning! Today we got our phones and built at least most of our shelves. I interviewed 4 people today and will interview around 10 more tomorrow.

My estimation is that hopefully with any luck by Tuesday we should have some 200 auctions on-line up and running. Maybe more. We are itching to get back in business.

I must say that we do miss Jean, Lonny, Ebbie, and Mary. Wish they could have come with us!!!!!!! You guys know we miss you and always will!

This has been an extremely emotional trip and I just want to bury myself in work for the time being. It's bitter sweet because I lived in Erie, PA all my life, but I have had a condo here in Cape Canaveral for 4 years and love it here also. The people here have been so friendly hearing what we've been through. I am really happy to be here, but at the same time miss my friends in Erie as well.

I think everything in the end once this rock'n'roll transition is over everything will work out very well for all concerned.

Our new facilities are going to be much more efficient than in Erie only because I knew what we needed and I looked for a very efficient layout when I leased.

We sincerely thank everyone for your patience. You have been fabulous. Only one person failed to meet our deadline for paying auctions before we moved. Thank you, thank you, thank you! We sincerely hope to server you many years into the future. We are almost to the point of continuing our buying spree. I didn't think we would have to stop buying, but it was impossible the last three weeks.

Looking very much forward to talking to you in our new home in the port of Cape Canaveral!

Sincerely,

Charles Siegel

P. S. Looked out my office today and saw a cruise ship sailing out of the port. My heart almost stopped!

Re: New Phone number and address! Internet is up!

Glad you've landed in your new nest. Don't forget: NO GOLF till auctions are perculating!!

Trainster

Are you kidding me? It's too hot to golf down here! And there is a storm coming our way!

Welcome to Florida. Hope Y'all get settled in real fast. Every time I go by Exit 205 now I think of y'all. After you get up and going me and my rig will pay you a visit. Sure hope I can park it somewhere close to your store. Take care, Bob

Hi Charlie! Glad to hear you made it! You are sooo missed. When I drive past Train City I cry! I really miss my job.

Well, get to work....no golfing....I'm sure the guys are ready to bid on some trains.

Jean

Ahhhhhh.....another chapter in "As Traincity Turns"....

Hah!

Best of luck in the new digs!