Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BRENT892 sent me a C5 version of my C7+ auction purchase.

How can I get the personal info on BRENT892? He auctioned a Lionel Santa Fe 2383 F3AA set as C7+ and perfect paint and C6 boxes

http://www.choochooauctions.com/cgi-bin/ua/item.pl?item=65483

and shipped me a C5 set, chipped up and worn, and two C2 boxes. What is my recourse? If anyone has his personal info, or if choochooauctions will provide it, I'll go after him and make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else!

Re: BRENT892 sent me a C5 version of my C7+ auction purchase.

JIM,
I would call Charles or email him. He should be able to help you.

I recommend you take this up with the seller. If it was a traincity auction we would allow a return with no problem. However everyone who places auctions has different policies. Ask him if he would allow you to return the item if you feel it is that grossly over rated.

I also recommend that before anyone bids on an auction to make sure that they understand the seller's policies. I recommend that sellers allow a return policy for their own success. Without a return policy it only hurts them in the end.

If the seller does not satisfy you with your request you can give bad feedback which is still allowed on this site.

It's not a matter of difference in opinion on ratings. The F3's he sent me are not the ones in the auction photos, nor are they the ones he described.

If bad feedback is the best this auction site can do, then I need to take it up with the attorney general's office in Illinois. This is simple fraud, "bait and switch", and every state has a law that prohibits the practice.

Can you provide me with the profile info on BRENT892? He doesn't respond to emails as his feedback attests. I don't want to drag the auction site into this if I can avoid it.

Jim

Now it's even worse than I thought. The F3 battery compartment is corroded. The wheels are black with build-up. I put the power unit on the tracks and it barely moved.

I lubed the gears and axles, and held it above the rails but ony the rear motor would turn. Nothing from the front motor.

So what would you rate this F3? Beat up, scratched, paint chipped in numerous places, corroded battery compartment, and one dead motor. The coupler springs are missing, too. Especially when the photos were of near perfect F3's and boxes?

If you didn't follow the link on my first post, here's BRENT892's auction description:

LIONEL POSTWAR ORIGINAL BOXED SET OF SANTA FE 2383 F3AA'S. THESE RATE AT THE VERY LEAST C7+ EXCELLENT OR BETTER. THESE HAVE GREAT SILVER FINISH AND BRIGHT RED BLEMISH FREE WAR BONNET COLOR. FRAMES ARE NICE, NO RUST. DECALS ARE OUTSTANDING. DISPLAY THEM OR RUN THEM. BOXES ARE C6 STAR COMPLETE 2383P/2383T. THEY SHOW WEAR AND THERE IS A HOLE IN ONE OF THEM, THEY ARE FINE AND COMPLETE WITH ALL FLAPS.

Like I said, I got a beat up F3AA set that won't run and boxes so decrepit they are held together with rubber bands. BRENT892 had to know what he was doing sending me this junk.

Maybe that'w why it takes him so long to ship. Once he has your check, he goes out and buys a junk version of your purchase to send to you.

If he'll send me what he advertised and what I purchased, via expedited delivery, I will send this third rate set back to him, and pay the freight.

But he doesn't answer email, so I doubt I'll hear from him. Whether or not his name and address are provided to me by Train City/ChooChooAuctions.com, I will track BRENT892 down and get what I paid for, one way or the other.

Jim

Re: BRENT892 sent me a C5 version of my C7+ auction purchaseLIAR.

MR WEST. YOUR A LIAR AND A NOBODY. I TRIED TO CALL, AND YOU HAVE SOME STUPID BLCOK ON YOUR PHONE..I SENT YOU AN EMAIL YOU CRYBABY.. YOUR OBIVIOUSLY LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FOR NOTHING, THIS IS A C7 SET, C5..SHOVE YOUR LIES, JUST REMOVE ALL THIS SLANDER AND CRAP YOU HAVE POSTED OR YOU WILL BE GETTING A VISIT FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT AND MY ARRORNEY..YOU HAVE VIOLATED MY PRIVACY YOU IDIOT..IT IS AGAINST THE LAW, THIS SITE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A ***** AND MOAN SESSION FOR THIS TYPE OF CRAP..AS STATED IN THE EMAIL...RETURN THE C7 2383'S WITH THE WORN BOXES, AS STATED IN THE DESCRIPTION, THEN REMOVE YOUR PRIVACY VIOLATIONS, THE LIES AND THE SLANDER YOU HAVE POSTED HERE..AS FOR FEEDBACK--GIVE IT HELL AND THE SAME WILL BE RETURNED..THERE IS A CORRECT WAY TO DO THIS, AND YOU CHOSE THE WRONG PERSON TO SCREW WITH..I REALLY DO NOT WANT YOUR MONEY AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE EXCACT ENGINES I SENT BACK..NO PROPBLEM..REMOVE THE SLANDR AND RETURN THE ENGINES AND NOW MAYBE YOU CAN GET SOME SLEEP YOU LOSER

MR WEST--WATCH WHAT YOU SAY YOU *******..YOUR A REAL POMPUS ARROGANT FREELOADER..POOR MR. WEST IS NOT HAPPY AND HE IS ACTING LIKE A NUCLEAR BLAST WENT OFF IN HIS BACK YARD..THERE WAS NO BAIT AND SWITCH, AND YOUR COMMENTS NOW MADE PUBLIC WILL BE TURNED OVER TO MY ATTORNEY..THEN WE WILL SEE WHO IS GETTING SHAFTED..RETURN THE ENGINES/BOXES AND REMOVE ALL THIS SLANER, LIES, INCORRECT INUENDO AND YOUR BASELESS COMMENTS--THEN A REFUND WILL BE EXPIDITED..THEN GO ON EBAY AND SEE WHAT 325.00 BUYS YOU IN REGARDS TO 2383'S..THESE WERE A STEAL, THEY WERE NOT THE POT OF GOLD YOU WERE LOOKING FOR, SO YOUR UPSET..YOU GOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR AND THEN SOME ..SO, MAKE IT EASY AND YOUR MONEY WILL BE GLADLY REFUNDED..

I apologize to the members of this forum, but I had no other way to get this seller to respond. I've no block on my phone, nor have I received an email.
Brent,

It's good to know you can respond to an email.

You did not send me what you pictured and described in your auction. I had hoped this was a simple mistake but obviously not. I agree Ebay IS overly expensive, which is why I wasn't bidding on Ebay. You can't substitute a lower grade 2383 set because the purchase price of your nicer 2383 set didn't match your expectations.

Please send me what was pictured and described on your auction and I'll pay the freight to return to you the merchandise you sent me. Case closed.

Otherwise, I must turn over your auction details and photos, along with the substitute items you sent me, and a transcript of your rationalization for product substitution to the state attorney general's office. They will deal with you. That's what they do.

Just so you know, I didn't need your personal info. I was only hoping to get a response from you, since I haven't received any correspondence since I won this auction on July 16. I'd already found everything I needed to locate you from my returned check, the shipping label, and on the internet.

Please do the honest thing. I will do the same. Otherwise, you will need to retain your attorney. And that will be a far more expensive solution.

Jim West

Re: BRENT892 SENT WHAT I PAID FOR AND OFFERED A FULL REFUND

MR. WEST..CAN YOU READ..SEND THE ENGINES BACK AND REMOVE ALL OF THIS CRAP YOU HAVE POLLUTED CHARLIES WEBSITE WITH AND YOU WILL RECIEVE A REFUND, HOW MUCH CLEARER COULD THAT BE..YOUR NOT HAPPY, PERSONALLY I DO NOT CARE, JUST SEND THE TRAINS BACK AND I WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM SENDING A REFUND..DO YOU REALLY THINK THE ATTORNEY GENERAL WILL GIVE 2 CENTS ABOUT A BEFF OVER A 2 POINT RATING ON A 50 PLUS YEUR OLD 325.00 LIONEL TRAIN SET, HE IS GOING TO BE A BIT MORE UPSET ON THE WAY YOU SLANDERED AND VIOLATED MY PRIVACY ON A PUBLIC WEBSITE , THREATENED TO HUNT ME DOWN, YOU NEED NOT HUNT, AS I HAVE OFFERED IN GOOD FAITH A FULL REFUND, IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT BECAUSE I AM NOT FORCED TO DO THAT..IT IS YOUR OPINION OVER MINE AS FOR THE C5 WHICH IS AN INSULT TO MY C7.. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT..AND REALLY, GO GET SOME SLEEP..AND QUIT USING THE CHOOCHOO MESSAGE SITE FOR THIS NIT PICKING AND SLANDER..

AS FOR YOUR COMMENT ABOUT BAIT AND SWITCH--NICE TRY..FACE IT JIM, YOU WERE LOOKING FOR A 1200.00 SET OF ENGINES FOR 325.00. IT IS FREELOADERS LIKE YOU THAT HAVE MADE THIS A REAL PAIN IN THE ASS HOBBY..AS FOR THE ATTORNY, BRING IT ON AND YOU WILL WISH YOU WERE COLLECTING BEER CANS WHEN MY GUY GETS DONE WITH YOU..I WILL SAVE YOU THE TIME AS I AM TURNING ALL OF THIS CRAP OVER TO MY ATTORNY FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. DO YOU WNAT HIS NAME OR THE NAME OF THE FIRM, OR DO YOU LIKE SURPRISES.. LEAVE IT TO JIM WEST, BRING ON THE LAWYERS OVER A TOY TAIN SALE THAT THE BUYER IS UNHAPPY WITH. YOUR TYPE OF CRAP IS NOT WELCOMED OR NEEDED.. I ONLY HOPE ALL OF THE OTHER'S READING THIS MAKE SURE THEY BLOCK YOU, THIS WORTHLESS IDIOT FROM PARTICIPATING IN ANY AUCTIONS.. I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOUR SUMMONS, AND MAKE SURE YOU TELL THE TRUTH WHICH YOU HAVE FAILED TO DO SO FAR--MAKE SURE YOU TELL WHO EVER YOUR THREATENING ME WITH THAT I OFFERED A FULL REFUND. AS I WILL BE TELLING CONSUL THE SAME THING TOMORROW.

Little kids fighting over toy trains,It's time to grow up., Rusty

kids-behave-or you get spanked with a piece of 3 rail track-rusty-see you are this site also-joe

Isn't buying and selling on the internet fun. This is a prime example of when things go bad, they really go bad.The only good side of this battle of words is, we all get to see it and read it. Hopefullly,we will all get a free lesson here. It's just as easy to put your foot into your mouth on the computer as it is in real life. Glad to read that Charles made it to Florida and is up and running. Let's all get some sleep now, Lonny

I don't like my new TWAIN, Boo Hoo HOO Choo Choo

This isn't a case of differences in rating. I was sent an entirely different, non-operating version of the excellent model I bid on, won, and paid for.

I will say no more about it and the matter will be handled off line. Good luck.

Jim,
This does not need to get messy. Mistakes happen. I hope you and Brent can work this out. Attorneys make money because we let our egos get in the way.

I sold an engine on this site recently that the buyer called me on. He explained in clear detail my mistakes. I researched and found him to be correct. I offered him a complete refund upon return, but he made a counter offer that was reasonable. I accepted and refunded the difference plus his shipping cost for my mistake.

If you both can find middle ground, you'll both prevail. Just my two cents.

Rod L.

Re: BRENT892 sent me a C7 version of my C7+ auction purchase.

YOUR EIHTER AN ALCOHOLIC OR A DRUG ADDICT, I TOLD YOU TO KEEP THIS GARBAGE OFF THIS WEB SITE..I ALSO TOLD YOU TO SEND THE TRAINS BACK AND I WILLREFUND YOU..GET OVER IT YOU STUPID WHINEY *******, ALL YOUR DOING ISA MAKING AN ASS OUT OF YOUR SELF, YOUR ABUSING THIS WEB SITE, YOUR A LIAR AND A FRAUD. I HAVE NO MORE TRAINS, WHAT DO YOU THINK, I HAVE A HOUSE FULL OF THESE..I DO NOT, IN FACT I DO NOT EVEN HAVE AS MUCH AS A PIECE OF TRACK..WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID TO SEND THIS BACK, DID YOU DO SOMETHING TO THE SET, DID YOU DAMAGE IT WHILE OPENING IT, I WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM SELLING IT AD ACTUALLY GETTING MORE THAN THE WOPPING 325.. YOU PAID FOR IT..TELL THE GROUP SINCE YOUR SO CONCERNED, YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE STEALING SOMETHING, AND IT BACKFIRED, MAYBE YOU GET AWAY WITH THIS CRAP ELESWHERE, BUT HERE YOU WILL NOT..MY AGREEMENT FOR THE REFUND WAS FOR YOU TO CALL CHARLES AND APOLOGIZE FOR USIING HIS WEB SITE FOR YOU SELFISH AND YOUR FRAUDULENT ATTEMPT TO SCREW WITH ME, AGER YOU APOLIGIZE THEN YOU ASK CHARLES TO PLEASE REMOVE ALL OF THISA CRAP, LIES AND SLANDER YOU POSTED, THEN YOU SEND ME WHAT I SUPPOSIVLY SENT YOU BACK FOR A FULL REFUND..I AM AFRAID YOU MAY HAVE TRIED TO PULL A FAST ONE AND YOU CAN NOT RECOVER..DID YOU SWITCH SOMETHING OR BREAK SOMETHING..I AM THE SELLER AND YOUR THE FREELOADING BUYER, I OFFERED A FULL REFUND, YOU EMAILED ME A TOLD ME TYO SEND A REFUND FIRST AND THE YOU WILL RETURN THE TRAINS, NICE TRY YOU FRAUD..YOU HAVE THIS ENTIRE CROWD OF PEOPLE THAT HEAR THIS---SEDN THE TRAIN BACK FOR A FULL REFUND AND REMOVER ALL OF THIS GARBAGE THAT HAS NO PLACE IN THIS ARENA, THIS IS FOR DISCUSSIONS AND QUESTIONS REFARDING TRAIN COLLECTING. THIS IS NOT THE COMPLAINT SECTION YOU WEEM TO HAVE TURNED IT INTO...NO ONE CARES, YOU BOUGHT SOMETHING ON LINE AND YOU ARE NOT HAPPY..SO WHAT..WHO CARES, YOU WERE OFFERED A FULL REFUND AND THAT IS ALL THAT CAN BE DONE..THERE WAS NO BAIT AND SWITCH, ALSO HOW DOES ANYONE KNOW YOUR TELLING THE TRUTH..IF YOU WERE PULLING THIS STUNT ON EBAY YOU WOULD BE SUSPENDED..I WILL NOT SEND OUT A REFUND UNTIL I RECIEVED WHAT YOU CLAIM TO BE JUNK BACK IN THE SAME COMNDITION IT WAS SENT IN..IS THAT SO DIFFUCULT TO UNDERSTAND..

Wow. This is great to see some of the problems I have had hashed out on a forum. It's like watching a train wreck. Thanks guys.

To me it looks like repeatedly Brent892 has tried to make good on this and Jim West won't accept his reply. He wants his cake and eat it too. Time for Jim west to give up the ghost and accept a refund after returning same that was shipped . Or the way he keeps going on its starting to sound like he doesn't have them anymore as he wants another set sent. Either way its time to end this send back to get your money or drop it you have 2 choices there that the seller is giving you.

For the record, I don`t know Jim West. I have however had similar issues with Mr. Brent Overpeck.
( brent892 ) He over-rates his pieces, makes you wait weeks for shipment, then refuses to answer e-mails. When he finally does answer, you get some **** and bull story about his "busy" schedule. If you look over some of his past auctions he`s had several 2383AA auctions all with different discriptions yet using the same pics. I would use caution dealing with this person!!!

Re: BRENT892 sent me a C5 version of my C7 auction purchase.

harry--you have always recieved what you get, you take weeks if not months to pay for your items, so i would recommend that you keep your comments to your self, once again, this site is not set up for you to **** and moan about your trains and the priced yuou buy well under markert value, in the case of weset, he was offered a full refund upon return the trains he doesn't seem to like, he has not other recourse and he can talk big, i would recommed that none of you ever sell a train to jim west as he is nothing more than a freeloader looking for something for nothing, i do not have any more of these trains, so how in the hell could i even offer this scum bag liar anything different, other than a refund i am not obligated to make,,,now he wants his refund frst and he will then send something back, who knows what..what he was sent was nice and obiviously he must have damgaged the trains while opening the packing, dropped the trains, trying to bait and switch me from some bad deal he got elsewhere..THIS POMPUS ASS HAS BEEN OFFERED A FULL REFUND WHEN HE SENDS THE TRAINS BACK..VERY SIMPLE..I WILL NOT SEND OUT ANY REFUND WITH OUT RECIEVING THE STUFF BACK FIRST, HOW MANY OF YOU FOLKS WOULD DO BUSINESS THE WAY WEST IS DEMANDING..PERSONALLY I DO NOT CARE ANYMORE ABOUT JIM WEST AND THIS TRANSACTION, HE HAS COMMITTED MANY PRIVACY VIOLATIONS AND NOW HARRY SCHMIDT HAS JOINED THE SLANDER..HARRY SCHMIDT HAS RECIEVED EVERYTHING HE HAS PAID FOR,HARRY SCHMIDT HAS LEFT POS FEEDACK, HE LEFT ONE NEG ABOUT SLOW SHIPPING, NOTHING MENTIONED ABOUT A PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT. HARRY SCHMIDT IS A VERY SLOW PAYER AND A VERY DEMANDING BUYER..WE COULD HAVE RE-SOLD HARRY'S ITEMS 3 TIMES BY THE TIME HE PAID, SO HE REALLY SHOULD NOT TALK..YOU PEOPLE HAVE WAY TOO MNUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS, AND SPENDING IT HERE WAISTING CHARLES WEBSITE ON THIS NIT PICKING CRY BABY NON-ISSUE CRAP IS QUITE IN APPROIATE AND SELF SERVING AND A TOTAL WAISTE OF 95% OF THE MEMBERS TIME..ONCE AGAIN FOR THE LAST TIME..A FULL REFUND HAS BEEN OFFERED, BUT FOR SOME REASON, MR WEST IS NOT SENDING BACK WHAT HE IS SO UPSET ABOUT, DOESN'T THAT MAKE YOU WONDER WHAT IT IS HE IS REALLY BELLOWING ABOUT OR HIDING, OBIVIOUSLY HIS PLAN BACKFIRED AND WHAT EVER HE DID TO THESE NICE ENGINES CAN NOT BE TURNED AROUND..GIVE ME ONE OTHER REASON WHY THIS IDIOT HAS NOT TAKEN ME UP ON MY REFUND OFFER..I HAVE BEEN AROUND HERE AND I HAVE NOT STIFFED ANYONE, AND HARRY, REGARDING THE OTHER 2383 BEEF, THOSE ENGINES WERE SHIPPED AND I HAVE PROOF OF DELIVERLY CONFIRMATION, AND THIS THIEF CAUSED A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH PAYPAL, AS HE TRIED TO FREEZE MY ACCOUNT..THOSE TRAINS WERE DELIVERED AND THERE IS PROOF OF THAT, THE SELLER EITHER PULLED A FAST ONE AND COMMITTED FRAUD WITH PAYPAL OR SOMEONE ELSE HAS THE ENGINES..EITHER WAY THAT MATTER IS CLOSED AND THAT GUY IS NOT OUT ONE CENT..AND I DO NOT HAVE THE ENGINES BACK EITHER....SORRY, NOT ALL THE PLAYERS ON THIS SITE ARE HONEST OR PLAY IN GOOD FAITH..ON EBAY THIS MATTER WOULD HAVE BEEN LONG BUT SETTLED, WEST WOULD HAVE HIS MONEY AND I WOULD HAVE THE TRAINS HE BOUGHT BACK..NO HARM NO FOUL..DO YOU RELLY THINK ANYONE CARES ABOUT A C5 TO C7 DIFFERENCE ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HERE..IT IS BASELESS AND PETTY NIT PICKING CRAP..THE ENGINES WERE NOT C5 FOLKS..RATINGS ARE A MATTER OF ONES OPINION. I HAVE BOUGHT STUFF THAT IS RATED C8 AND MAYBE THE ITEM IS C6 OR C7 AND I DO NOT ***** AND MOAN LIKE THIS JERK HAS DONE, I HAVE ALSO BOUGHT ITEMS THAT WERE RATED VERY GOOD, AND THEY WERE REALLY LIKE NEW, THAT IS MY OPINION, AND IN THIS BUSINESS, A 50 YEAR OLD PLUS TOY IS SUBJECT TO OPINION ONLY..UNLESS AN ITEM IS MINT AND DESCRIBED MINT, THERE IS A VERY WIDE RANGE OF OPINIONS..IF A TRAIN DOESN'T OPERATE, A LIONEL TRAIN IS VERY EASY TO FIX, USUALLY A LOOSE WIRE, NO BIG DEAL..YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, FOR MR. WEST THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH..HE WANTS TO GET 5 TIMES OF WHAT HE PAYS FOR, AND SORRY, THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN HERE, AND HARRY, I HAVE NEVER HAD A REQUEST FOR A REFUND, SO SHUT UP AND PLEASE NEVER BID ON MY STUFF AGAIN, YOUR A TWO FACED LIAR, THE OVERALL FEEDBACK YOU HAVE LEFT IS PROOF IT IS VERY SIMPLE..SOONER OR LATER AN ATTORNEY IS GOING TO PUT A STOP TO THIS SLANDER AND PUBLIC ABUSE, AND SOMEONE IS GOING TO BE DIGGING INTO THERE SAVINGS TO PAY OFF A LSWSUITE IF THIS DOESN'T STOP.. THIS SITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR THIS--AS FOR WEST, THERE IS IS A REAL NICE SET OF 2383'S OFFERED ON EBAY FOR 650.00 PLUS SHIPPING WITH THE BOXES..THERE ARE A FEW BREAKS IN THE DECALS, BUT OTHER THAN THAT, THAT IS WHAT YOU GET FOR 650.00 THESE ARE RATED BY THE SELLER AS EXCELLENT PLUS PLUS.. SO GO BUY THESE AND WAISTE HIS TIME AND SEE HOW FAR YOU GET WITH YOUR CRAP..AS FOR HARRY SCHMIDT, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS ASS HAS STUCK HIS NOSE INTO THIS BUSINESS AS HE HAS NOTHING TO ***** ABOUT, HARRY, YOUR A SLOW PAYER AND A VERY DEMANDING PERSON FOR SOMEONE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM BIDDING , MR.JIM THE FREELOADER WEST. THIS IS MY LAST POSTING, AND YOU AND ALL THE FOLKS THAT HAVE SEEN THIS...A FULL REFUND WILL BE ISSUED WHEN YOU RETUN THE SET OF 2383'S AN THE BOXES THAT WERE NOT THAT GREAT..UNTIL THEY ARE RETUNED THIS IS A TOTAL WAISTE OF MY TIME AND EVERYBODY READING THIS CRAP..WHEN THE TRAINS ARE RETUNED YOU WILL HAVE A REFUND WITH IN 10 DAYS..AND THAT IS SUBJECT TO WHAT YOU SEND BACK, IF THE EXACT ENGINES COME BACK IN THE EXACT SHAPE THEY WERE SHIPPED IN THEN THIS MATTER WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF WITH NO PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER.....DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT....SELLERS DO NOT SEND OUT REFUNDS WITH OUT THE PRODUCT BEING RETURNED, IF THAT WERE THE CASE, THEN I WOULD BE BUYING A SET OF 2383'S I HAVE NOT SEEN FROM YOU..I WNAT BACK WHAT I SOLD YOU AND THE CLOCK IS TICKING..YOU HAVE ONE WEEK FROM THIS POSTING TO RETURN THESE..AND AS I DEMANDED BEFORE FOR YOPU TOP ALSO ASK CHARLES TO ERASE ALL OF THIS SLANDER, NOT NECCESSARY ANY MORE,...ONE WEEK FROM TODAY AND A FULL REFUND WILL BE ISSUED..IF ANYONE OTHER THAN THIS IDIOT JIM WEST HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS, REGARDING MY OFFER TO REFUND THIS JERK, THEN LETS HEAR IT..

Brent/Bobby - I have sent you two emails requesting your return shipping address so I can return these for the full refund you have offered. They were shipped to me from a UPS Store. Please provide me with the shipping address you wish them sent to, and I will ship the back package today. - Jim

Hello everyone!

Our policies are pretty straight forward. If Train City, Inc. ships an item out and the buyer is not happy with grading we offer a refund as long as that is done within 7 days and the item is the same and in the same condition when shipped. I don't argue over grading. I feel if anything we usually undergrade or at least try to, but occasionally things get by us so we just go with the flow. Our customers mean the world to us and we would very much like to keep them!

Our return policy has improved over the years with experience. I think it is pretty good and designed to make everyone as happy as possible when problems arise.

I would never send a refund before receiving the merchandise I had sent. That would make no sense at all to anyone I know and not even worth talking about.

I try my best to take care of problems promptly so that they don't go to public forum like this.

I would never call anyone names although I have felt like it and I know things can get frustrating. Name calling just is not something we should be dealing with as adults. It serves no purpose except to make a simple issue into a much more complicated issue. I have been called names, and at that point I lose interest in the transaction and usually move on with no satisfaction to the name caller!

Guys can't we resolve this? It seems pretty simple to me. Jim send the item back to Brent. Brent issue him a refund when you receive it. I would sincerely appreciate it if this could be resolved by the two of you as gentlemen.

Just my two cents...

Charles Siegel

Brent.
I have nothing to gain by telling people on this site of my misgivings with you! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Members need to be aware of how dispicable you can be with some of us the FEEDBACK left for you CLEARLY shows!! You`re a stark raving crazy old man as evidenced by your ramblings on this site!!! After 10 auctions of NO e-mail replies and WAIT WAIT WAIT on shipping, I decided to give you a taste of your own medicine with the Super O switches.

MEMBERS BEWARE
Harry Schmid

Brent/Bobby - These locomotives were re-packaged in your original box for return shipment more than two weeks ago. The return address on the box is a UPS store. I have emailed you directly 3 times, and this is my second posting on this thread: Please give me a valid return address so I can get these back to you.

You gave me 10 days to return this purchase, but I don't have your ship-to address. If I ship these to the UPS Store they came from I don't know that you will get them.

Thank you.

Jim

be glad you got something i bought a zw transformer off brent892 back in june i think and he still has not sent it he fooled me by keeping giving me excusses un till 60 days was up so pay pal could not do anything about it and the he quit even replying to my e mail but im checking with my lawer and see what opstions i have left so in short dont buy from him he is a cheater and a liar and worse of all a theif

I did receive an email off list with the address for returning these items for a full refund. I shipped it last week and package was received there yesterday, Sept. 17.

When I receive my refund, I will report the receipt to this list and that will be the end of it.

Jim

It's now been a month since I received notice that BRENT892/Brent Overpeck/Bobby Rochetto received the trains I returned to him. My promised $346 refund has not arrived, despite assurances that "I was covered" by a supposed third party--at the same email address.

So, I'm back to square one, filing complaints with the USPS, my State AG's Internet offices of consumer protection. If nothing else, maybe some of you will avoid my mistake--even those of you who think this was no big deal.

Apparently, a few on this list see nothing wrong with 'bait and switch',or internet theft. But some of us have only limited funds, and crooks are a big deal to us.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Jim,

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Brent was with us for over a year and I heard very few complaints at first. The complaints that I heard were with his slowness to act. On a couple of occasions I did get involved and tried my best to push Brent to correcting the problem which it seemed he always did.

But once I started to see this thread I knew this problem was becoming more than I wanted to risk for our customers and I froze his account.

I have not heard anything from him since his angry posts earlier in this thread.

I sincerely hope that you take care of this problem Brent. If you don't take care of this I think it will come back to bite you at some point. If you don't take care of your customers, you simply won't have any!

Charles Siegel
choochooauctions.com