Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Late payments

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone knows how much we appreciate your business!!! We sincerely do and hope to do much more business with everyone in the future.

Most of you are great with making fast, on-time payments, and we thank you very much for that.

However we have always had a problem with a handful who are taking advantage of us in my opinion. We have always had a 7 day payment deadline after the auctions end, but there have always been a handful of people who have tried to stretch it out as far as they possibly can.

This causes problems for us not only in the cash flow part, but mostly due to our space limitations. It also puts a huge amount of pressure on our shipping department when suddenly someone pays for 50 or so auctions at once.

We now have less than a month before all payments are due before we close shop for our move to Florida. I am asking everyone to pay up within that 7 day period after an auction ends. Our (traincity) auctions on this site will all end on July 24th. We ask that all payments be made by July 29th. We will accept payments through the 31st, but if you can possibly make payments by the 29th that will be very helpful. If you are sending a check, please mail it by July 25th. We will return any checks received after July 31st. We will be closed until late August or early September for our move. We will not be able to hold inventory for our move. We will be starting out fresh with auctions in Florida and will make no exceptions.

We will have less space in Florida and unfortunately we will have to enforce the 7 day rule with absolutely no exceptions once we open for business there.

On the positive side I am already committed to purchase a couple of collections once we open up down there. You are in for some very nice new inventory!!

Once again I sincerely do appreciate your business. I hate making us sound hard, but unfortunately due to our moving we have to enforce what I just stated above. I hope everyone understands. If anyone has a problem with it and would like more details on why we have to insist on payments that are on-time, please email me at trainman@traincity.com, or give me a call at 814.833.8313.

Sincerely,

Charles Siegel
traincity