Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Snipers

Yes, they sit and wait until the very last minute to overbid you so you cannot counter bid. These are the people with no morals in life.
Choochoo auctions should have the same policy that Ubid has. Anyone overbidding during the last minute and the auction gets extended for 3 more minutes.
That usually makes things even out.

Re: The Snipers

We actually have this feature (extended auctions) in our software. Unfortunately that feature has a serious bug in it that causes bidding problems and we had to turn it off.

However I actually had more complaints when we used this feature from people who were used to ebay than I have had since we turned it off.

Unfortunately you can't please everyone and since we have the bugs in the software which are difficult to fix we will leave things the same.

But thanks very much for the suggestion.

Charles Siegel
choochooauctions.com

Snipers really don't bother me. I figure that I bid the MOST I wanted to on an auction; and if someone bids more than I wanted to bid, so be it.

When Charlie was listing some quality HO gauge items, I was amazed (yes, really amazed)at the amounts some people bid for the stuff. Well, again, so be it.

Make YOUR highest proxy bid, and if you win, fine; if not that's ok too! There'll be another.

Best wishes to all, Trainster!!

I was also upset with the idea of sniping when first getting into online bidding. But the practice isn't going to go away. There are actually sniping programs available that will do the sniping for you - you just go on to bed and let it do the work. I think Trainster, above, has the right idea: Just enter your absolutely highest bid and relax. If it's higher than the sniper's you'll win anyway.

I love sniping, But it works both ways. If you'er bidding at the last minute ,then you'er bidding too soon. You have to wait till the last few seconds. Get yourself a stop watch!!!! The price really goes up in the last minute of each auction, Mabe we should have 5 minute auctions.If you don,t win something , don't let it get you down, It's all just other people's junk anyway..RUSTY

I had to get good at sniping myself to win anything. The guys are right though that there will be plenty more to bid on.