Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MARX Spilled Tank Car...?

OK, I saw this on ebay a while ago and have not seen another since. This was (I am fairly sure) a Marx tank car in maybe light yellow or green, and it was printed to look like the load inside had spilled out some from the domes on top. Anyone know what I am talking about, or where to find one? Any help appreciated. PLEASE email direct sales@policecarmodels.com

JEFF

Re: MARX Spilled Tank Car...?

Nothing....? Someone has to know what this is / was... Any help appreciated! Please email DIRECTLY.

Jeff, I pack and ship all the trains at TRAIN CITY. Iv'e seen every train under the sun, Never seen a Marks SPILLED TANK CAR.Sounds like a homemade project. Erie is the birthplace of MARKS TOYS. We have a MARKS TOY Museum here in town. Here's their phone # 814 825 6500.I'm shure they can help you. Keep on the hunt.. Lonny

I got to thinking, and I remembered the Marx #2532 metal 3/16 scale Cities Service tankcar has a black dome. It is green with white lettering and a black dome. It was made in the early 1940's thru probably the mid 1950's. The dome,however,is solid black without any indication of a spill. Maybe this is the car you were thinking of.

Thanks for the help so far. I know I saw it on ebay, there was more than one listed so I think it was a production run car, not a one off. It might have been AC Gilbert, Marx, ...? It was a modern day production I am fairly sure. I would swear it was light yellow or green, a single dome I think and it looked like the contents were spilling out of the dome with a different colored paint or pad print. I know, a lot of "I think..." here, but I (and my boss!) DID see the car, I just have not been able to find it since! Thanks for any further help. JEFF

Any Modern Marx experts out there? How about McCoy?