Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELP! American Flyer Wind Up Train set in Box

My grandpa recently passed and going though his garage I found a train set in a box that appears to be in excellent condition. I want to sell it to help my parents defray the cost of his passing. Any help would be wonderful. I can also send photos.

Thank you for your time,

Kim-Marie

Re: HELP! American Flyer Wind Up Train set in Box

Hi,

Sure, I'd like to see the pics. You can send them to dhepfner@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Dale

I sent you a link to my Costco photo album. I didn't know how many photos I could send you.
Thanks again!

I sent you my analysis. Let me know if you don't receive it. Nice prewar set. I hope I was able to help. Best regards, Dale

Dale,

Wow, you were very helpful! Thanks so very much for your time and effort.

K-M

Dale-

When I list the set on ebay I'll email you at your hotmail and let you know. AGAIN I thank you!
K-M

Well, it sold for $20.00 less then I figured it might. Good Job! I figured my offer was low ball. I'm glad to see you got more like it is worth. Best regards! Dale

Thanks for your help!

Dale,

Thank you so much for your help with such valuable information. I wouldn't have even begun to know how to list it on ebay without your email. I really wanted to keep this set I sold as I have fondness for trains and recently enjoyed a trip to the Rail Road Museum in Sacramento CA. THe money made will help my family with expenses for sure.
We found the missing two boxes of trains Grandpa left to my son; what a treasure it is! The two found boxes are all American Flyer's that appear to build an impressive set! My son lives in AZ and has promised to set it up and keep it as a memento from his Great Grandpa.
Cheers!
K-M