Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saving money

Charlie, you're saving me money as I still cannot get on the Lionel section most evenings to bid. I have lost several auctions due to this.

Re: Saving money

Is anyone else having this trouble? If so are you using dial up or high speed Internet. If it is dial-up I don't think there is much we can do. The thumbnails were coming up too big and we just had that fixed which should speed it up.

I'm using high speed internet.

I'm not sure what is happening then. I suspect it is on your end as I have heard no other complaints.

There are other alternatives. In the 'other options' section in the left column you can click on last minute items live which gives you a new window with updated live auctions as they end. All auctions ending within three hours I think are shown. In the same section you can click on ending today and that will take you to that page.

Another fix would be at other times of the day when you can get in do your bidding and use the proxy system.

Once again I am sorry you are having problems. I'm just not sure if there is anything we can do on our end to fix it.

Charles Siegel

I too have a problem at night. Very slow. I have now put a new 6.0 high speed modem in. It is better than what I was using (Verizon sky card), but still not great. I think just a lot of people on at the same time trying to make bids on the same items. Although the site seems to be slower lately