Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LGB Wilson Bros Circus engines and cars

I'm working with the owner of my company (who has a sizable collection of trains he's looking to sell off) and he wants me to get an idea of what his collection of LGB Wilson Bros Circus pieces are worth.

We have (I believe) the whole set of cars, engine, and the circus wagons (forget the manufacturer but it's a 3rd party). I have at least one engine, the #22191 and I'm not sure if there are more engines because the stock is in a warehouse at the moment. If I recall correctly there is at least 15 boxes of rolling stock but I can't say what quantities of what stock numbers I have.

My boss seems to think the market is very strong for LGB right now but from what I've seen on eBay (and here) there isn't much sale volume to determine the value of the set.

The #22191 engine is the only piece that has ever been out of the box and unfortunately has some damage. Two of the plastic supports for the grab bar that goes around the boiler have broken and were reglued. Otherwise everything else has never been unpacked.

Eventually I expect we will have more of his collection online. The majority of his collection is sealed in the box and in great shape.

We will be listing Lionel (post-war & modern), LGB, American Flyer (post-war), lots of HO, N, and some TT scale, tinplate, buildings, accessories, transformers, etc.. There are also a number of full, unopened kits which are mostly post-war to current Lionel and LGB and some MTH (Dealer Appreciation Packages, too).

I would really appreciate some input on this. My boss knows he's sitting on a goldmine but in order to get this stuff moving, I need realistic prices to list at. Plus it's not worth trying to sell product that people aren't in the market for buying.

Re: LGB Wilson Bros Circus engines and cars

Nobody is interested in G gauge here? I went back to the warehouse and found six sets of the Wilson Bros Circus cars. One set has an engine w/ sound, four sets have an engine without sound, there is one missing (but presumed to be in there) engine and I am unsure if it has sound or not.

Can someone give me an idea on what one of these sets would be worth? For example:

22191-DG, 4260-DG, 4080-DG, 4160-DG, 3181-DG, 4068-DG, 4067-DG, 3084-DG and all are serial #1190. We have two 4360s but they aren't numbered due to being issued as a standard flatcar. I also have a Tableau Wagon and Band Wagon by Columbine Hobby. We are missing the Cage Wagon, Cat Tractor w/ ramp, 4250-DG, 4060-DG, and 4075-DG.

Would there be much of a loss in value by not having the missing cars? Would it be better to sell the cars individually or as a set of matching (but incomplete) numbers? Since I have three cars across the board that are missing, it's very likely that we just don't have them at all as I certainly wouldn't be able to overlook 18 cars.

The other serial numbers are 1191, 1193, 1197, 1198 (missing engine), and 1199. Obviously if anyone has any of the rolling stock in those serial numbers, I would like to hear from you!

Re: Re: LGB Wilson Bros Circus engines and cars

I suggest that you call Watts Train Shop (317) 873-2365. Internet at www.wattstrainshop.com They may buy the whole lot.

Bobz