Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Model Power and Tyco.

Hello everyone. I will tell you upfront that I am not a collector. I just have three train sets that I am trying to find out the value of. The first is made by Tyco. It says Steel Hauler and the engine says Illinois Central Gulf. It has six cars and a gantry crane and the track is tru steel. The second is made by Model Power and is a Double Diesel set with five cars. Has 134 Pieces. The third is made by Model Power and says Rolling Thunder six wheel drive. All are in mint condition and have never been out of the boxes. The only thing wrong is the plastic on the boxes has come off. If there is anyone out there that can help I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your help.....................

Greg

PS. If you would like to email me you can at softballnut9@yahoo.com

Re: Model Power and Tyco.

I'd be interested. Do you have change for a dollar?

Re: Model Power and Tyco.

Hello Greg:

those trains you mentioned are beginner sets more or less, they aren't exactly what you would call collectors stuff.

your best bet would be to put them up on ebay and let them roll.

the tyco set normally sells between $10 and up on ebay depending on how many Tyco nuts want it.

the model power set is still being made, it sells for $39.00 roughly new and sells usually between $15 and $30 used if complete on ebay

this place caters more to O scale and S scale, but every once in a while there is some decent HO scale stuff.

I am mostly into O scale and Ho scale.

good luck.

take care
George

P.S. no rude pun here

Re: Re: Model Power and Tyco.

Thanks George. As I stated I'm not a collector these were just a couple of sets I found in one of my dads old storage buildings and I was curious. Also thanks for anwering without making rude comments. I wonder about some people sometimes.............Take care.

Greg

Model Power and Tyco sets

Hello Greg:

no problem, I recently acquired a lot of older tyco red box stuff from the 60's that I am going to sell.

but drop me a line anytime if need some help on HO scale.

take care

George

and yes no rude comments :)