Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Policies

We have posted some new policies on the home page of choochooauctions.com. I wanted to get the word out for those who use the site as they may affect you.

Charles Siegel

Re: New Policies

Hi Charlie. I reviewed your policy changes and I can live with them, in fact I like them. I especially like your more pro-active stance about stagnant auctions. Your HO gauge section appears to attract a lot of these. They are just too expensive to possibly sell. Probably only one or two dealers. We know HO sells, and sells well. Look at all the HO stuff you sold in the last couple of months. I remember that you had a dealer a couple of years ago who was clogging the HO section; and never selling anything, at least it seemed so. Thanks.

Bob Zimmer(trainster)

Re: Re: New Policies

I agree with you there Trainster

this one seller was literally selling junk ho scale stuff for high $$$$

Charles always sold good stuff in the HO scale area, but the one seller who always sold broken, incomplete, or overpriced HO scale always thought they had cadillacs when they had yugos.

I agree also

Hello Everyone:

I agree with Charles, there has to be some rules to weed out the items that won't move.

when I come to choo choo auctions to bid, I notice the stuff that Charles is selling, actually sells.

but there is one seller in particular who always sells stuff that is overpriced, or complete junk.

look at the atlas turntable auction, the item was used, it was dirty, it had no box or instructions, but yet the seller tried to get near $15.00 for it.

why bother when you can buy it new for $15 - $20.

Also Thank you Charles on the DD40X Diesels by bachmann, they run smooth now :) I redone both of them.

take care

George

Something funny I noticed

Hello Everyone

something funny I noticed.

Since the new policy was started, I noticed a certain seller now on bidville with the junk there.

sorry if I sound mean, but the seller who was selling that stuff was insane.

At least Charles and trainster start their ho scale auctions at a reasonable price :)

take care
George