Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"S" Gauge Layout for Sale

Hi - Does anyone know where I can sell a "S" Gauge layout. It's 8 Ft. x 16 Ft. There are three sets on the board. One set elevated at 6" another at 12" and still another at 18" off the main board. There are 6 sets in all. The trains are all from American Model. They are all Hi-Rail. Probably 75 pounds of plaster rocks, a working stream and a city center working water scape dedicated to Vietnam Veterans. All sets are on graveled road beds. All sorts of scenery and 4 ea back drops 4' high x 8' long each (covers sides and back of the layout.) Two sets are freight & Diesel, One set Freight and Steam Loco, One set Steam and Passenger, One set Penn Electric and Passenger and finally one set Amtrack. Over $15,000.00 invested and a little over a year to complete. I live in Port St. Lucie, Florida. My e-mail address is ticvic@aol.com. My phone no. is (772) 344-9944. Reason for selling is this layout needs to be indoors to be away from outdoor humidity and dust and I need the space in my garage. Will sacrafice much! Thank You for taking the time to read this.
Sincerely,

Vic Pati

Re: "S" Gauge Layout for Sale

I have a story that relates to this.

A year or so ago a gentleman contacted me about buying his American Flyer Collection and was wondering if I would want the layout as well. On the way to purchase another collection I stoped at his house and was amazed to find one of the nicest American Flyer displays I had ever seen. It was beautiful and very well done. Unfortunately to disassemble the layout would have been a rediculous task as it wasn't set up in modules.

Basically and unfortunately a month later he brought the trains and sold them to me at my store, but the layout didn't make it, which was sad. I have pictures somewhere that I was supposed to put on traincity.com, but havne't gotten to that.

At any rate, unless your layout is in modules, finding someone to take the layout will be difficult.

BTW... A friend of mine, Ed Dougherty (PGA Pro) used to live in your town. Do you know him?

Good Luck,

Charles Siegel

Vic, I realize that your ad is rather stale dated, however, I was wondering if you did disassemble the layout as I am looking for S gauge track for my AF layout.
Thanks in advance for your response. Bill

Hi
Unfortunately I could not find a way to sell or give the layout away so just before I moved I had to completly Destroy the whole layout.
Vic Pati