Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fraud Alert Sarah Prusha aka prusha2005

Hello Everyone:

in march I got screwed on ebay by a seller prusha2005.

the seller kept lying about the merchandise being sent out, paind with pay pal and used insurance, but pay pal said they can't help because the seller has no money in her account.

this is the second time I have been screwed by pay pal and I won't use ever again.

the seller might be under a new id, her name is Sarah Prusha, and I advise all of you to steer clear of her.

she ripped off 5 people so far, including a seller,

she deals mainly in HO scale trains, and O scale trains,

take care and beware
George

Re: Fraud Alert Sarah Prusha aka prusha2005

Thanks george,

Paypal wont help because the seller has no money in the account?? What kind of BS is that? They should at least shut her down then....wtf????

Sorry....more I learn about paypal, the less i like it......

Re: Re: Fraud Alert Sarah Prusha aka prusha2005

Hello DHSTOW

I think more or less pay pal likes to take the money and run.

see about 4 years ago I sold an item on ebay to a guy in NY, he paid with pay pal, when he got the item he left positive feedback.

well a week later he emails me asking for a refund, I asked why? he said he needed the money, I asked him if the item was broke, he said no.

I told him nicely, the item was sold as is, no refunds, no returns, but I would gladly help him sell the item.

this wasn't good enough, pay pal emailed me stating my account was frozen pending investigation due to a chargeback.

so in the mean time, I copied all of the emails, the auction pages, the receipts for shipping, the feedback, all of it, and mailed it to pay pal.

Pay pal ruled in his favor and told me that I was in the wrong.

I emailed them asking them, if they refunded the money, how do I go about getting the item back, they told me that is not their problem.

I told them it is because they were a third party handling the transaction, they told me to read the terms of service policy.

so I filed an internet fraud complaint, a week later I get a email from the internet fraud agency about a class action lawsuit against pay pal, so I decided to join in

http://www.settlement4onlinepayments.com/

well supposedly, I am going to get some money back soon,

but I tell people anymore go to these sites

http://www.paypalsucks.com

http://www.paypalwarning.com

as for the Sarah Prusha deal with pay pal I am out of $18.00 according to pay pal.

sorry for any rant here people

take care
George

Re: Re: Re: Fraud Alert Sarah Prusha aka prusha2005

Thanks George. Us newbies can use all the help we can get. I see quite a few folks on ebay now putting in their listing, that any items paid with paypal, MUST be insured. I'm guessing they had a problem somewhere along the line, that the insurance helps correct. I've yet to have any paypal problem, with about 400 transactions so far, i'm probably pushing my luck.

Re: Re: Re: Fraud Alert Sarah Prusha aka prusha2005

Hi George,

Just curious where you filed the internet fraud complaint? Where would you go to do that?

I'll be honest with you we do a lot of business through paypal which I love! I even have the debit card that give you 1% back on purchases.

I believe what you say, and paypal had better realize that it is in their best interest to change their policy somehow because if that ever happens to me I'm gone! That is a serious glitch in their system. And it is bound to happen at some point I suppose. But they have to realize that they are not right and are just being lazy.

A couple of years ago someone tried to charge back an item through a regular credit card transaction (not paypal) and keep the merchandise. Their hosting bank wouldn't even do that and wouldn't allow the charge to come back unless they returned the merchandise. That is not fair!!

Charles Siegel

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fraud Alert Sarah Prusha aka prusha2005

I checked out the anti paypal sites. Most of the complaints are I read are pretty old. Maybe I missed the more recent ones. Hopefully Paypal has taken notice and straightened out their act.

I'm not ready to dump paypal. Too much of my biz goes through it, but my solution for now is to just keep my paypal balance and the connected bank account balance REAL light.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fraud Alert Sarah Prusha aka prusha2005

My thoughts exactly. I just pulled most of my money out of there and will keep it out until it is clarified if they have changed their policy on this issue.

Charles Siegel

Internet Fraud complaint link

Hello Charles and fellow Board memebers

here is the link for the internet fraud site

http://www.ic3.gov/

I hope this helps

take care

George