Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Traffic....

....something I don't see a lot of here! Is it usually kinda dead as far as bidding goes?

Not trying to be a wiseacre, just wondering if this is where I want to sell a lot of HO stuff...

(I'm switching to 0n3)

TIA,

Dennis

Re: Traffic....

Speaking as a friend of the owner, I'll say this. If you are looking for retail, forget it. If you want a sure sale, start your auctions low. Charlie starts all HO, even brass engines, at $2.00! Check out his listings and see if HO doesn't sell!.....There is a person listing a lot of common HO items at rather high prices, with almost no movement. Charlie had a similar person listing on choochoo auctions a few years ago. (maybe this is the same person, different user name?)

Try a few listings, no cost to list, and see what the market is. START LOW!,and let the market drive up the price. I know I'll bid!

Thanks, Bobz(trainster)

Re: Re: Traffic....

OK, thanks much. I'll get some photos together and give it a try. I'm not a retailer, just a hobbyist selling off some HO for money to spend on 0n3!

Thanks again,

Dennis

BTW, so everything starts at $2.00 but there's a hidden reserve is that it?

Re: Re: Re: Traffic....

Hi Dennis,

We never use a reserve, but that is an option. Personally I don't like reserves. We just start our HO auctions out at 2 bucks, and that's it. Like Bob said, we don't relise retail, however we do sell everything, which is our main objective at least for HO and N gauge items. Some items we get more than we expect, some less.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Traffic....

So what happens if someone bids $10 for a Spectrum Shay....I have to sell it for that?

Confused,

Dennis

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Traffic....

That is highly unlikely. Click on HO brass and you will find 18 brass engines that started at 2.00. The nature of an auction usually takes care of prices. But you don't have to start an item at 2.00. That's what we do. Start an auction where ever you feel comfortable, however the higher you start it the less likely you will obtain bidding interest in the item and actually sell it!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Traffic....

OK, gotcha

Thanks,

Dennis