Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interesting "Buy It Now" behavior

I noticed an interesting behaviour of the auction software. If I have an item on my watch list and it ends with the "Buy It Now" feature, the bid count stays at 0, the current bid amount stays at the opening bid amount, but the auction goes to a closed status. I would think that the bid count would go to 1 and the bid amount would reflect the buy it now price.

Don't get me wrong, the auction software used by this site is light years ahead of the so-called auction software used by some model trains websites. I just thought the particular scenario was interesting.

Thanks,
Bob Dobrowolski

Re: Interesting "Buy It Now" behavior

Hi Bob... Thanks for bringing that to our attention. I agree with you and we will see about getting that fixed at some point in the future. The software we now use was full of bugs when we first started using it that caused some major head banging headaches!! But most of them have been fixed over the past couple of years. At least the ones that affect actual bidding which were horrible to fix because when we fixed one thing, that would cause another issue and it seemed to go on and on. So for the most part I am very happy with the way the software is now running, but am aware there are some minor bugs still out there.

Charles Siegel

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I noticed an interesting behaviour of the auction software. If I have an item on my watch list and it ends with the "Buy It Now" feature, the bid count stays at 0, the current bid amount stays at the opening bid amount, but the auction goes to a closed status. I would think that the bid count would go to 1 and the bid amount would reflect the buy it now price.

Don't get me wrong, the auction software used by this site is light years ahead of the so-called auction software used by some model trains websites. I just thought the particular scenario was interesting.

Thanks,
Bob Dobrowolski