Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bidding.etc.

Having been a watch fob (and O guage model) collector for several yrs. I think I've experienced it all. I have no problem with last second bidders. If I don't win just have a pity party and move on. I've lost some bids on some items that I dearly wanted and just couldn't figure out how I was being beat utill at the IWFAI show in Cleveland last April. That's where I heard about bid stealer I believe it was called. This is an internet outfit that will bid for you with their super fast bidding system for a small fee or membership. A fellow who had used them told me they can win an auction with 2 seconds left to go. Now I know why I was loosing some auctions. My method now is if I really want the item on auction, I just enter a proxy bid that I'm willing to pay and hope that no tops it. Incidentally, I lost an auction last week and had a proxy bid in there that I thought no one would pass. Like the old saying goes, all's fair in love and war. Have a good day.

Re: Bidding.etc.

You are being beat by snipe bidders.

With your method you allow others to push your bids up to higher levels and it can cost you money.

You can learn more at:

eBay Sniper Program Review