Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WHEN DOES MTH BUY OUT LIONEL AND K-LINE

So now MTH biggest threats are now in chapter 11
When does Mike buy them up and "CORNER the MARKET"?
with the bundle Lionel owes him if Lionel's Appeal is denied, wont be suprised if he ends up with Lionel!
Now there is a twist of faith-LOL

Re: WHEN DOES MTH BUY OUT LIONEL AND K-LINE

Theres one thing about that happening,at least they will be under GOOD managment. besides what we need is more basement hobbist that come up with that NEXT THING we all gotta have. i have always wanted to have a completely sound/lighting/movement controlled system
that would recreate " A DAY IB THE LIFE OF!",
may just be me but that would be my dream layout,TRAINS as the MAIN subject, but not the only one.

Re: Re: WHEN DOES MTH BUY OUT LIONEL AND K-LINE

By the time the lawyers all get their money and drag this out for who knows hoe many years, we'll all probably be too old to remember what started it and there won't be any money left to buy Lionel if there is anything left to buy!!!

Re: Re: Re: WHEN DOES MTH BUY OUT LIONEL AND K-LINE

Mainly replying to model train maker mergers. We don't need MTH or any other maker gobling up their competition. What we need is competition to keep prices in check. There's nothing worse than a monopoly in any industry, whether hobby, automobiles,groceries,petroleum, or utilities to drive up the prices consumers pay.

Re: Re: Re: Re: WHEN DOES MTH BUY OUT LIONEL AND K-LINE

We need HONEST competetion among manufacturers! If someone breaches that trust, I for one, will consider that issue when I make my purchase decision. If they cheat in business practices, they probably will cheat me, the consumer, as well. I hope all the manufacturers make it because it's good for the hobby.