Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Searching for 6-39185

I have been trying to locate the add on pair for a Lionel D&RG F3 AA and passenger set. I believe the add on pair came out around July of 2002 and now they are very tough to find. I've exhausted all my usual sources and I'm not a current member of the LCCA or any of the other comparable clubs so I'm just about at a dead end. The next GATS show that is anywhere close to me won't happen until this fall so I'm trying to put out as many feelers as possible. In the meantime I have been keeping an eye on auction sites. If anyone has this set and plans to sell it I would really appreciate hearing from you. If anyone knows of another individual with the set, I would gladly compensate you for information leading to a sale.

Re: Searching for 6-39185

Try the #1 Lionel Dealer in the world, Joe Grzyboski. If Grzyboski's do not have them, nobody does. Use this link www.grzyboskitrains.com better yet, give Joe a call. He is almost sure to have them.

Re: Re: Searching for 6-39185

Thanks, I'm pretty sure that I've checked their website but I'll have to give them a call on Monday. I've been surfing the web quite a bit and I'm starting to lose track of all the people I've contacted. I should have been maintaining a list. If I locate them there I owe you a finder's fee.

Re: Re: Re: Searching for 6-39185

Here is another link I found. Supposedley this guy has them for $199.00 http://www.trainsandplaneshobbies.com/trains/lionel2a.htm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Searching for 6-39185

Hi Andy, thanks again but I already tried those guys. I emailed them and they said they no longer had the 2 pack in stock.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Searching for 6-39185

Also, it wouldn't hurt to try Train Collectors Wharehouse in New Jersey. Bob Morgan and Ed Prendeville are mostly postwar Lionel, but there is a gentleman with them by the name of Tom Marchecani. Tom is strictly Modern Era Lionel. www.train-collect-whse.com call the phone number for Modern Era. I honestly have to say your best bet would have to be Joe Grzyboski 1-800-8-LIONEL or 570-347-3315

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Searching for 6-39185

Thanks again Randy (sorry I misspelled your name earlier), I really appreciate the leads. I hadn't heard of the Collector's Wharehouse before. I'll give both them and Grzyboski's a call on Monday.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Searching for 6-39185

Any luck with Joe Grzyboski?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Searching for 6-39185

Nope, struck out with Joe. Did order another piece from him though. I also called Train Collector Wharehouse and the guy that handles modern era stuff was out so I left a message and followed it up with an email. If I hear anything from them I'll let you know. Thanks........

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Searching for 6-39185

Well like I said if Joe Grzyboski does not have them, nobody has them. If I had known weeks ago, I could have possibly picked you up a pair at York. Good luck in your search.