Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WHATS WRONG WITH MTH ?

I HAVE EMAILED MTH ON TWO DIFFERENT ISSUES AND THEY DO NOT RESPOND.
WHEN YOU SPEND MONEY ON THEIR TRAINS AND CAN,T GET A REPLY FROM THEIR SERVICE DEPT.THIS TELLS ME WHAT KIND OF BUISNESS THEY RUN.
I EMAILED LIONEL ON A MANUAL I NEEDED FOR A 1989 LIONEL CLASSICS 384 STEAMER AND THEY REPLIED NEXT DAY,
AND NOT ONLY THAT, THEY SENT IT TO ME AT NO CHARGE !!!.
I HATED THE IDEA OF LIONEL GOING OVERSEAS,BUT THEY SERVICE THEIR CUSTOMER .CASE CLOSED, NO MORE MTH.

Re: WHATS WRONG WITH MTH ?

I agree 110% with you. I never owned, nor will I ever purchase an MTH product. I also keep away from any lionel made after 1966. Whether you collect or operate, there;s only one way to go: POSTWAR!

Re: Re: WHATS WRONG WITH MTH ?

I have an MTH swither I paid $100 and it will out pull any Lionel train made before 1966!

Re: Re: Re: WHATS WRONG WITH MTH ?

I'd be willing to bet my 2273W set that it couldn't!

Re: WHATS WRONG WITH MTH ?

All my engines are MTH. They're just plain better. However, I must admit that I get very frustrated with Mike. His prices are too high, his schedules are way too unpredictable. His sales tactics are, well, "strong arm".

Nevertheless, I have corresponded with MTH several times and have always gotten a very quick response. I can't complain about their service. Makes me wonder what went wrong in your case. Try again and let us know what happens.

On another subject...
Doesn't anybody know about Industrial Rail. I sure would like to solve the mystery.

Re: Re: WHATS WRONG WITH MTH ?

Alright, alright, I agree with you to a certain point. MTH Engines may be better than today's LIONEL, however, keep in mind that postwar Lionel, especially the F3's are for more SUPERIOR than any Engine on the market today!