Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question...

Hiyas...

Im posting here in hopes someone can help me. My father received what he remembers was a Lionel Train set when he was a child from my grandfather who is deceased so getting answers to questions have been a little difficult. His train has EVERYTHING with it, is in the original box without the lid, in like new condition and with extra track. The set includes the following... #2029 steam engine..#233W coal car..#6176 Hopper Car..#6465 Orange Lionel Tanker..#3666 Minutemen Car... Frisco Car sl-sf 6014 and #6059 caboose. He also has smoke pellets, 3 missles that come out of the minuteman launcher and the track piece that when the minuteman car stops over it, will open it up. My questions are...

Is this a set??

If so what year was it made??

If not what years are the pieces??

How much is it worth???

Any information or answers u can provide would be greatly appreciated. You can post them here or email me at ToCute4You1979@aol.com

Thanks SO MUCH!

Nicole

Re: Question...

What is the 3 or 4 digit set number on the Lionel box?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hiyas...

Im posting here in hopes someone can help me. My father received what he remembers was a Lionel Train set when he was a child from my grandfather who is deceased so getting answers to questions have been a little difficult. His train has EVERYTHING with it, is in the original box without the lid, in like new condition and with extra track. The set includes the following... #2029 steam engine..#233W coal car..#6176 Hopper Car..#6465 Orange Lionel Tanker..#3666 Minutemen Car... Frisco Car sl-sf 6014 and #6059 caboose. He also has smoke pellets, 3 missles that come out of the minuteman launcher and the track piece that when the minuteman car stops over it, will open it up. My questions are...

Is this a set??

How much is it worth???

Any information or answers u can provide would be greatly appreciated. You can post them here or email me at ToCute4You1979@aol.com

Thanks SO MUCH!

Nicole

Re: Re: Question...

Thanks for the reply.. unfortunately he doesn't have the lid.. just the bottom. We're assuming the numbers would have been on the lid and he doesn't remember himself if it was 3 or 4. I guess we'll add that to our mystery pile about this train set =) Thanks

Nicole

Replying to:

Replying to:

Hiyas...

Is this a set??

How much is it worth???

Thanks SO MUCH!

Nicole

Re: Re: Re: Question...

Nicole sent me lots of good photos. This is definitely in a set box, but my references don't show the Minuteman boxcar matched up with these other cars. You "uncatalogued set" experts out there - is this an uncatalogued set made in 1964, for Sears perhaps? Anyway, Nicole, here is what I can tell you, years of manufacture & approximate values. 2029: 1964-69, $100-115. 6176: 1964-69, $8-10. 6465: 1959 & 63-64, $12-14. 3666: 1964 only, $450. 6014: 1957 & 63-69, $8. 6059: 1961-69, $10. 1073: 1961-66, $45. SP: $10-14. 027 track: .50-.75 each. 90 degree crossing: $5. (Sure looks like this was made in 1964.) Hope this helps.

Replying to:

Thanks for the reply.. unfortunately he doesn't have the lid.. just the bottom. We're assuming the numbers would have been on the lid and he doesn't remember himself if it was 3 or 4. I guess we'll add that to our mystery pile about this train set =) Thanks

Nicole

Replying to:

Replying to:

Hiyas...

Is this a set??

How much is it worth???

Thanks SO MUCH!

Nicole

Re: Re: Re: Re: Question...

The set is most likelye a #11500 from the middle 1960's; a #6402 gray flat car with cable reels is missing from the description. The 3665 Minuteman was bought separately.

Mystery solved.

Bruce

Replying to:

Nicole sent me lots of good photos. This is definitely in a set box, but my references don't show the Minuteman boxcar matched up with these other cars. You "uncatalogued set" experts out there - is this an uncatalogued set made in 1964, for Sears perhaps? Anyway, Nicole, here is what I can tell you, years of manufacture & approximate values. 2029: 1964-69, $100-115. 6176: 1964-69, $8-10. 6465: 1959 & 63-64, $12-14. 3666: 1964 only, $450. 6014: 1957 & 63-69, $8. 6059: 1961-69, $10. 1073: 1961-66, $45. SP: $10-14. 027 track: .50-.75 each. 90 degree crossing: $5. (Sure looks like this was made in 1964.) Hope this helps.

Replying to:

Nicole

Replying to:

Replying to:

Hiyas...

Is this a set??

How much is it worth???

Thanks SO MUCH!

Nicole

yaoooooooooooooooo

Replying to:

Hiyas...

Is this a set??

How much is it worth???

Thanks SO MUCH!

Nicole

Re: Re: Question...

What is the set number (3 or 4 digits) on the side of the box?

Replying to:

yaoooooooooooooooo

Replying to:

Hiyas...

Is this a set??

How much is it worth???

Thanks SO MUCH!

Nicole

I would have to concur. Set #11500 from 1965 which is the only set to come with that loco and the 6059 caboose together. Missing the flat car with spools. Could have been a swap car for car when the set was purchased, or the flat is missing and the 3666 was a seperate purchase.

Always looking to buy old Aurora Slot Cars and Accessories from the 60's!! E-Mail me I pay cash!