Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
19925 Shed some light here

#19925 Employee Learning boxcars: Greenbergs list this car at $160 New. Why are some guys selling these for $20-$99? Is it that the market is flooded with them or is it that some guys are willing to pay a ridiculous price for such a cheap piece of rolling stock?

Re: 19925 Shed some light here

What had happened back a few months ago is that they were commanding a high price because they were hard to get, only employees got them BUT BUT ehrn Lionel decided to pull up stakes and go to Communist Land they sold off pallets of stuff and low and behold there were tons of these and other "rare" cars that went by the pound. I ended up, (not knowing) and almost paid a high price for one but got it for pennies so I took four of them and sold off three for pennies so the guys who wanted one could get one. They are plentiful on Ebay and usualy go for no more than 20.00. They may be getting scarce again but I highly doubt it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

#19925 Employee Learning boxcars: Greenbergs list this car at $160 New. Why are some guys selling these for $20-$99? Is it that the market is flooded with them or is it that some guys are willing to pay a ridiculous price for such a cheap piece of rolling stock?

Re: Re: 19925 Shed some light here

Why doesn't Lionel set up factories in Cuba, North Korea, Iraq, and Libya? Why don't they support all the WACK JOBS: Castro, Kim Chong Il, Hussein, and Ghadaffi!

Replying to:

What had happened back a few months ago is that they were commanding a high price because they were hard to get, only employees got them BUT BUT ehrn Lionel decided to pull up stakes and go to Communist Land they sold off pallets of stuff and low and behold there were tons of these and other "rare" cars that went by the pound. I ended up, (not knowing) and almost paid a high price for one but got it for pennies so I took four of them and sold off three for pennies so the guys who wanted one could get one. They are plentiful on Ebay and usualy go for no more than 20.00. They may be getting scarce again but I highly doubt it.

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: 19925 Shed some light here

Oh and I forgot to mention France. Why not set up a factory in France?

Replying to:

Why doesn't Lionel set up factories in Cuba, North Korea, Iraq, and Libya? Why don't they support all the WACK JOBS: Castro, Kim Chong Il, Hussein, and Ghadaffi!

Replying to:

Replying to: