Return to Website

Vincent Price Film Site Message Board

Welcome to the VPFS Message Board. This is a great place to discuss Vincent Price with other fans. All Vincent Price related topics are welcome!

Vincent Price Film Site Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can anyone identify which film this comes from?

Hi there,

I just found this cool site about Vincent Price. He has always been one of my favourite moovie actors.

Recently I bought a CD called "Velvet Darkness They Fear" by Theatre of Tragedy. One of the tracks, called "And When He Falleth" contains a long extract from what I assume to be one of VP's movies. (His voice is SO unmistakeable.) It starts off by VP asking "That cross around your neck, is it just for decoration, or are you a true Christian believer?" A woman's voice answers "Oh yes I believe,... truly". VP then says "Then I want you to take it off immediately and never wear it in this castle again. Do you know how a falcon is trained my Dear? Her eyes are sewn shut...."

I don't think I got all the words exactly right, but is that enough for anyone here to recognise the scene and knows which movie it is from?

Re: Can anyone identify which film this comes from?

Hi there,

First off, would love to hear the song and how it sounds with ol vinnie! :)

The quote that is said is between Vincent and Jane Asher in the movie "Masque of the Red death"

Hope this helped!
Regards
Todd

Re: Can anyone identify which film this comes from?

Hi Todd,

thank you so much for your reply. I never thought it was possible that anyone would reply so quickly. :-)

I have seen "The Masque of the Red Death" several times, but not for a few years now. I looked at the list of films on this site before I posted and thought that "Masque" was a possibility. I thought it was a good bet that someone here would know for sure.

After I read your reply, I searched the web to see if I could find any sites where you could download an MP3 of "And When He Falleth", but I had no luck. However, I did manage to find the Lyrics, if that is any consolation?

http://www.asklyrics.com/display/Theatre_Of_Tragedy/And_When_He_Falleth_Lyrics/82428.htm

Thanks you again Todd for helping me.

best wishes
Colin

P.S. I am not too sure how to use this forum, so I hope this post comes out as a reply that you get to see.