Return to Website

Vincent Price Film Site Message Board

Welcome to the VPFS Message Board. This is a great place to discuss Vincent Price with other fans. All Vincent Price related topics are welcome!

Vincent Price Film Site Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Movie Title??

Hello,

So glad I found this site. Always been a VP fan. However, like many of you I can't remember the title of a movie I liked. Probably be an easy one for you experts.

All I can remember is that there was a group of people in a house. And VP come in -amid thunder and lightning of course- and goes into a speech. Someone interupts him and he says "Don't interrupt while I'm soliloquizing...". I remember laughing histerically at that. What is the film????

I thought it was "House on Haunted Hill", bought it, but that's not the one. Help greatly appreciated!

Best regards.

Re: Movie Title??

This is a tough one - even for the "experts." I think you may be recalling a scene from House of Long Shadows(1983)which teamed up Vincent with Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and John Carradine. I haven't seen the film in years, but it's the only one that seems to fit your description. Good luck!

Re: Re: Movie Title??

Thanks for your reply. You know, I thought that might be it myself, but the date made me think not. I'll have to see if I can find that one. Any leads on where to get VP dvd's??

Re: Re: Re: Movie Title??

Ebay is your best bet for this title, Jed. I saw a DVD of "House of the Long Shadows" there and a couple VHS versions. This film is currently out of print. Good luck!

I just watched the DVD, House on Haunted Hill. I was born May 19, 1954. I see that this movie came out in 1958. I was taken to the theater to see it on a Saturday by an uncle. I had very severe nightmares for months. I just read that a hovering skeleton was rigged up in the theater and I remember that and lots of other gimmicks that matinee day along with another movie and a man dressed up as Frankenstien, so I really must have been 4 or 5 and it was a current release.

be careful. The HOUSE OF LONG SHADOWS DVD on ebay seems to be a Bootleg. So SOULS FOR SALE is definitiv a Boot.