This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Midi Help!

I have freewebs as my host. you can up load a file and that kind of thing. But i'm wondering how can you make a midi from the internet into a file. I know how to link the midi in the internet to my website, but i don't think that's safe. Please help me. Thank you

Re: Midi Help!

Hi no name

First of all, right click on the midifile you want to save and go to the 'Save target as'... it should save the midi file to your hardrive...
Then upload it to your host files...
Retrieve the url to the midi file, when you upload it to your account.
Then go to the page you wish the midi to be played in.
Go to Edit.
..enter the following HTML in the HTML section of the editing page, in style tags (<>):

This will create a music player with controls that a viewer can control (THIS CODE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED):

embed src="YOUR AUDIO CLIP URL HERE" autostart="true" loop="true" width="280" height="45"

This will play the music in the background with no user controls (NOT RECOMMENDED BUT CAN BE USED):

embed src="YOUR AUDIO CLIP URL HERE" autostart="true" loop="true" width="0" height="0"

If you were wanting people to be able to download the midi file from your site...
Once you have saved the midi file to your computer,
Upload it to your host,
Then get the url of the midi file from your host files,
Then on the page you want people to download it off,
remind them to right click and 'save target as' by leaving a message on the page for them to do so..
Type the name of the song wherever you wish it to be,
Highlight it then insert the url of the midi...
it should all be fine then... if thats what you meant in your message...
more clearer details would have been more appropriate on your behalf

p.s... if you need further help or an idea of what i meant... check out the spooky midis page on my site...

acutally it's not a file. it's open and i can't save it. GAHHHHHHHH!

Maybe we could have a look? At what URL did you find this midi?