General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee – Jackson Banquet Saturday February 15, 2014

Let me know if you are interested in attending this.

It is a lot of fun. The entertainment and food are always great!

Lee Sherrill has completed his book on the 21st NCT and will be there to speak to us on the Battle of Plymouth.

The seating is limited to 65, so please let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Greg

Lee – Jackson Banquet

Saturday February 15, 2014

Dinner & Music 6:00 PM, Presentation 7:00 PM, Auction 8:00 PM

Windsor Crossroads Community Center

Yadkin Gray Eagles Camp #1765 of the Sons of Confederate Veterans invites you to the Lee – Jackson Banquet at the Windsor’s Crossroads

Community Center, in Hamptonville, NC.

This year, an Oyster & Chicken Stew will be served with side dishes, desserts, and drinks.

Entertainment will include period music by Danny & Eva Casstevens

and Lee Sherrill’s Presentation on 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Plymouth, NC!

Following the presentation, a special fund raiser auction will be held, including books, authentic money, and other historical items related to the War. All proceeds go towards veteran cemetery and marker projects.

A reproduction 1860 44 Cal. Army Colt Revolver will also be given to the winning ticket holder. Tickets are available for a $2 donation per ticket.

Join us for this special evening!

Directions: From Yadkinville travel north on US 421 about 9 miles to the Windsor Road Exit. Take a left at the top of the exit ramp, and go 5 miles. The community center will be on the right.

From Statesville (I-40), take I-77 north about 22 miles to US 421. Take the US 421 exit towards Wilkesboro. Then take the next exit, Windsor Road. Take a left at the top of the exit ramp, and go 5 miles. The community center will be on the right.

Tickets are $12.50 for adults and $7.50 for children 12 & under.

For ticket reservations, questions, or additional information please contact:

Greg Cheek (336) 428-2026 ghcheek@earthlink.net

Re: Lee – Jackson Banquet Saturday February 15, 2014

We have decided to POSTPONE the BANQUET and reschedule due to the weather and road situation.

I'll send you an update with a new date soon....

Re: Lee – Jackson Banquet Saturday February 15, 2014

Based on feedback, it sounds like March 29th is the best date and will send out an email to announce it as the new date.

Lee Sherrill is good with it too as well as Danny and Eva.

Hopefully, will have better chances with the weather this time around.