General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
12-14-13 update: added Warm Springs and Fork Road event:

12-14-13 update: added Warm Springs and Fork Road event:

Saturday, Jan 4: 1st NC Battalion annual meeting, Hillsborough, NC 10 AM

January 4, 2014 (10-4) January 5, 2014 (1-4) Latta Plantation Winter Quarters Federal portrayal.
Bring both uniforms. Working on winter quarters. Sleeping in the cabins. Skirmishes each day.

January 17-18 2014: LEE-JACKSON DAY, LEXINGTON, VIRGINIA.
http://www.leejacksonday.webs.com/

Saturday, Jan 25: 28th NCT annual meeting

Feb 8th and 9th: Battle of Fork Rd

February 15, 2014: The 38th NCT will again hold a living history event at Rural Hill Farm in Huntersville, NC just north of Charlotte on February 15, 2014. We have done this event for several years on our own with a few others joining us on occasion. This year, the site managers want to expand the event with more troops, especially Federal troops. It is a great period site. Lots and lots of room for camps, drilling, and if numbers allow a skirmish or battle. They allow troops to camp on Friday night and have their own living historians participate as well. There has always been a large turn-out of spectators, especially children. The 28th NCT is invited to attend. Please consider this event as part of your unit planning for the 2014 year. Again, we hope to see our friends from the 28th NCT at Rural Hill on Feb. 15th.

February 15th: Yadkin Gray Eagles Camp, Lee-Jackson Banquet

Feb 15-16: 150th Reenactment, "Battle of Olustee" at the state park, US 90 near Lake City, FL. Camps and activities open 8 am-5 pm. Battles at 3:30 pm Saturday and 1:30 pm Sunday. $10/adult. battleofolustee.org

Feb 22-23: Reenactment, "Battle of Aiken," 1210 Powell Pond Road, near Aiken, SC. Gates open 8:30 am each day for camps and demonstrations. Battles at 2:30 pm each day. $10/adult. battleofaiken.org

March 1-2: Raid on Rockford

April 5th – 6th 2014: The 150th Battle Of Cloyd's Mountain. Cloyd's Mountain link is www.battleofcloydsmtn.org

April 19: Hi John, Walt Gaylor who reenacts with your group is on our advisory board here at Rosedale Plantation is Charlotte NC. I have been in conversation with him about a living history on April 19,2014. The scenario would be at the end of the war with refugees and soldiers returning home. We would have both soldiers and civilians. About five or six years ago we did a hospital living history with the NC 13th but basically this is like our first foray into this area. We are a very small, but well-run, site with a great basic tour and a great deal of information about the family who lived here. They had a son with the 63rd NC who was just such a refugee returning home. Let me know if you think this date is a possibility for some of your folks. Thank you, Beth Harris http://www.historicrosedale.org/

Beth Harris Curator of Education
Historic Rosedale Plantation :: Southern Garden & Event Venue
3427 North Tryon Street Charlotte :: North Carolina :: 28206
704.335.0325 :: www.historicrosedale.org

April 26-27 150th Battle of Plymouth, NC, https://www.facebook.com/events/639887969355720/

May 1-4, 2014: Battle of the Wilderness and Spotsylvania Courthouse reenactment. http://150spotsylvania.com/

ANV MAX EFFORT EVENT!

May 17-18: "150th Battle of New Market," on the historic battlefield at the New Market Battlefield State Historical Park. Camps and living history demonstrations all weekend with battles at 2 pm Saturday and 1:30 pm Sunday. $10/adult. www2.vmi.edu/ museum/ nm/ index.html

May 17-18: "150th Battle of Resaca," off I-75 near Resaca, GA. Camps and demonstrations open 9 am with battles at 2 pm each day. $5/adult. Details, directions: georgiadivision.org

May 30 - June 1 I hope all is well! Just wanted to check back in regarding the Latta Plantation Civil War Battle Reenactment (May 30 - June 1) and see if the 28th would be able to make it back out. As it stands it looks as if the 26th NCT and the 49th NCT will be attending as Union Forces along with the 88th NY. I am hoping to have you all along with the 30th and the 13th make up the Confederate Forces. This year the battles will be taking place down at the trench area which should both be fun for the reenactor and spectator. If you have any questions please let me know. Thank You, Matthew Waisner

May 30- June 1: Warm Springs, With the 150 anniversary events occupying the dates that we hold the event in Hot Springs, NC, and wanting to take my unit to Cedar Creek this year if possible also, the Battle of Warm Springs NC has been moved to May 30 - June 01, 2014

More information will be available on www.2ncmi.org in the near future.

June 21-22 is 150th Staunton River Bridge north of South Boston. I'm (Rex Hovey ) involved with this one, Historic Staunton River Bridge Foundation.

July 4-5 Christmas In July, West Jefferson, NC, http://www.christmasinjuly.info/

July 4-6: Reenactment, "Gettysburg," on Pumping Station Road near Gettysburg. Gates open 8:30 am each day. Battles 6 pm Friday, 11 am an